Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MPFI finally solve problem it fires up okay! Stupid ignitor/coils

I have finished the swap, and confirmed everything is pinned out correct and their is continuity etc...but it just cranks but wont fire. I am getting fuel but no spark, triple checked and resoldered the c1 and c2 connection. I am willing to pay if someone can come over and help me fire this bitch up onsite. I live in Miami,FL

Any help is appreciated

-Juan

For update see below, short version it was either the coil/ignitor...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wish i knew im not that far from u ..im in hollywood ...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats not too far, but what can I say. I figure I might have to end up calling in a wiring mechanic/expert if noone responds in the next couple of days...Thanks for the reply though...

-Juan

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem solved!!! it fires up now :)

I swapped the coil and ignitor units from my dpfi dizzy to the si dizzy and it fires right up, idle it okay considering i dont have a dashpot installed. And it revs okay, got to wait for the wake of the hurricane crap to go away (still no electrical power writing from sisters house) to fine tune and test the setup. Thanks again to everyone at dseries who helped me out, and for the idea and how tos. Now to get back to autox!!!!!

-Juan

p.s. How important is the IM support bracket mine couldnt bolt up (used the si bracket that came with the manifold) but the holes were off. So i just bolted up the studs.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should go to back-yard-productions

TELEPHONE: 305-249-4979

talk to dennis d-tec

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its okay i guess you didn't see the update, I fixed it myself it was the ignitor/coil units. But thanks anyways :beer:

-Juan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts