Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new here..ive been thinking of putting a turbo in my 92 cx.
i just got this car 2 months ago. the owner b4 had it bosted. (still has a line coming out of the oil pan and some other line coming out of idk were..) it had a garret turbo.

i was reading for a while now and i don't see alot of ppl getting turbo kits.
ppl are just getting it lil by lil..to save money thats the way i want to do it.

the most money i want to spent is around 900 bucks. idk how much hp i can get out of that or anything (u guys tell me) im not in a rush to turbo just want to get started..

heres a list of the stuff the car came w/ engine wise..

walbro 255lp fuel pump
remote mount oil cooler & filter
new 2.5" radiator & slim fan
engine is a d16z6
New Arp head studs
new timing belt
new oem headgasket
del so SI Trans w/ OBX LSD

what ells do i need like what type of turbo, what size, anything will help and i mean anything.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/renrtuning/hatch119.jpg

thankz in advance :newbie:http://www.d-series.org/forums/images/smilies/newbie.gif

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
looks kinda hacked. first thing to do is check compression. More than likely he sold the car because of a problem caused by boost. Get a cheap compression test kit. If the results are good then get a small turbo like a mitsubishi 16g.

the D-series.org search engine F*#$ing sucks! ...just making a point. If it were easy to use less people would have repeat questions. Or am I the only one who realizes this flaw?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
If the results are good then get a small turbo like a mitsubishi 16g.
:shocked: never hear of a 16g being referd to as small before. 16g is about the same as a t3/t04e 50 trim in flow.

the D-series.org search engine F*#$ing sucks! ...just making a point. If it were easy to use less people would have repeat questions. Or am I the only one who realizes this flaw?
i have never had an issue with the searh engine. its not the greatest one i have used on a forum, but its far better then the one on H-T or HMT (imho).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts