Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cops aruond here love big trucks with strait pipes but hate a loud honda.

I have a b20 with 4-1 header, no cat. one resonator, and a flowmaster 44 series. for the people who will be at the team DOHC meet on saturday, u will hear it, it sounds good. but its too loud.

I was thinking putting a cat and another resonator on there
to see if could help it out.

any other ideas?

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
a cat will quiet it up quite a bit, you could try putting another resonator or cherry bomb etc inline
im running a 3 in dp into 3 in piping with a cherry bomb in the middle and a turndown.. compared to open dp i bet it dropped 15-20 db's

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
yeah, I had to add another resonator to mine, since the sound was resonating in my ears! lol no really.:pinch:
that and a bunch of sound deadening does help too!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
same problem, loud as shit people turned and looked it was so loud, no cat and a fart can.

i put a 20 dollar ebay glasspack on it, and it sounds stock again you can hardly hear it before 5000 i almost stalled it out pulling away cause im used to hearing it :) i was like oh hey, now i gotta look at the tach this how is so quite

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
same problem, loud as shit people turned and looked it was so loud, no cat and a fart can.

i put a 20 dollar ebay glasspack on it, and it sounds stock again you can hardly hear it before 5000 i almost stalled it out pulling away cause im used to hearing it :) i was like oh hey, now i gotta look at the tach this how is so quite
Hahaha Mine was the opposite, all it had was the fart can and stock piping. So I changed that and don't look at the tach "as much" anymore lol.

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies, blox makes a high flow cat, for 30 bucks shipped i'll try it out. if that doesnt work i'll put the stocker back on and give it a try. i love the sound of this flowmaster thats why i dotn want to get rid of it, just need it a little quieter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts