Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Civic Si (Canada)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ractive electronic oil pressure gauge and need to know if there any way to install the pressure sender without having a fitting on the oil filter?

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
I know that...but plenty of people have doen it with a short adapter and tee without a problem. I think most of the people having problems used too long of a tee
Lets not teach people what we know is the wrong way to do something. I've seen a lot of "normal" things on hondas that make me shake my head...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I bought one of the ports from tuner toys, some copper tube and a conduit clamp to remote mount my sending unit on the firewall. I haven't installed it yet, but I'll post up pics when I do.

·
Registered
Civic Si (Canada)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am getting 30psi at idle and 80psi from 3k to wot. I use 10W30 castrol with 1/2 liter of Lucas oil additive every time I change my oil. Is that seam ok or should think about shim the oil pump???

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
I bought one of the ports from tuner toys, some copper tube and a conduit clamp to remote mount my sending unit on the firewall. I haven't installed it yet, but I'll post up pics when I do.
coper line doesn't belong on a car.

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic VTI
838 Posts
I am getting 30psi at idle and 80psi from 3k to wot. I use 10W30 castrol with 1/2 liter of Lucas oil additive every time I change my oil. Is that seam ok or should think about shim the oil pump???
seems fine thats pretty much what i get in mine

35psi at idle and 70PSI ove 3500rpm

honda says it needs to be more than 50psi at 3000rpm

·
Registered
Civic Si (Canada)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don't trust Lucas or what? It's been using in race car since a while. I know it's reduce oil consumption and smoke in my old civic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts