Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i was running turbonetics turbo on 20psi boost using 550cc injectors afr were 10.9-11.5 on Daily drive map,
Now i have changed the turbo to Holset HX35W and the fueling is ok till 14psi and at 20 psi afr is 12.4 as my tuner said. so the injectors are maxed out. anyone else running 550cc injectors on 20psi boost i.e identical setup ? do 550cc max out on 20psi boost ? or something is wrong with fuel filter ?
Engine is D16ZC block SRP pistons and Eagle rods with all other supporting mods and NepTune management.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
The HX35 is also rated for 10-20% more flow & is more efficient, so it wouldn't be surprised if it's just maxing them out. 550cc is considered small for any Honda anyways, I wouldn't recommend more than 300whp for them. They can go beyond that at the risk of rising AFR's & non-linear response. Either get bigger injectors or increase fuel pressure. Doubling the pressure will increase flow a bit less than 50%, so for 10% more fuel you'd increase pressure about 25%.

If you're looking for something bigger but find shipping to be difficult, let me know. I've shipped injectors to several dozen countries so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts