Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm working on rebuilding a D16A6 and adding a turbo. I think I have everything I need except heavier connecting rods and bigger fuel injectors. But what I really need is a guide to rebuilding. Step by step would be nice since right now I've got an engine block and boxes full of parts. Any suggestions on helpful sites?

Also I think I might be missing a lot of random bolts and I was thinking of getting an engine from a junkyard for referance and replacement bolts, would I be better off getting a Z6 head or keeping my A6?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,947 Posts
haynes manual ftw

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I'm not really lost so I think I'll go with the VTEC head. The only reason theres confusion is I got the engine and everything from a friend and he had already torn everything down and instead of keeping track of all the parts he just threw stuff in boxes and now I have no idea where anything is at or where the stuff goes that I have.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
dude is the motor going in the car in your avitar, and wtf is that a crx. if so your gonna either have to convert to obd1 and use a p28 ecu or you will have to chip a pm6 and use turboedit to tune cause i think thats the only obd0 system that supports vtec

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I'm not using the car in my avatar. I got the car and a bunch of extras for free from a friend and I junked the car because it rotted out and I hated the kit. It was a CRX and it killed me to see it all douchbagged out like that. And I have both an OBD0 and OBD1 comp and was actually gonna ask about that, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts