Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d15b7 and it keeps free revving I got a iacv from the junkyard hoping it would solve the problem but it didn't and honestly I'm not sure if that one is bad to. I was wondering what else could cause the problem to in case it's not the iacv. any suggestions please

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Does the wiring look like it was fucked with?

If the TPS wires are backwards this can happen.

Otherwise I would look for a massive vacuum leak, like the TB sticking open, or a very very large hose disconnected some where. A throttle cable adjusted too tight will result in the same issue....

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Having any amount of prehistory would help us. Not just hey, I have no idea WTF is happening with my car at all, because Im lazy and didnt want to check any thing out before I made this post because I expect to get spoon fed.

So having said that, what have you checked?
How did you check it?
What are the results?

Also, the search function. Learn how to use it please. This has been covered more times than I can count.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really have any prehistory for you like I said earlier in the thread cus I bought it with this problem it needed a water pump as well and changed that. I'm not asking to be spoon fed I'm asking for advice I thought that's what the forums were for. but anyways all vacuum lines and hoses are connected I checked the ecu it's throwing a 19 which is the automatic transmission lock and the car is a standard

·
Registered
680 Posts
Fucking Stupid Fucking Piece-of-Shit.
.... Seriously dude.

Op what do you mean by free reving?

Like a up and down from around 1000-3000 rpm?

Or just up to the limiter or high and staying there?

Check the iacv and check the fitv.

Fitv has coolant to it and no wires its on the bottom of the throttle body. Replace the seal and make sure it is properly adjusted (Your car could not have one.)

iacv is on back of the I take manifold. Make sure it is sealing right.

Make sure there are no breaks cracks or slices in the vacumm tube s especially the one to the break booster

·
Registered
650 Posts
That definitely sounds like a massive vac leak. Remove the air intake pipe, and put your hand over the throttle body. If you kill the car, then it's either a REALLY small vac leak, or none at all. If it stays running, you got a leak.

With the intake off, you can also test the IACV easily, as you'll have access to the port.

Welcome to the forums, good luck, and ignore toaster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks fellas I'll check the fitv the iacv had already been charged and no change tomorrow as well as look for any vacuum leaks at the the air intake pipe. I'll post tomorrow an update

1 - 13 of 13 Posts