Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a d16z6 i want to build it cause i snapped a rod on the #1 piston i want to build the bottom end wile im doing this. what should i do so i know my bottom end will hold to whatever i do its completely stock now. whatever i do now will stay for a while hopefully to turbo next winter
what piston rods and bearings should i get hopefully less than 1500 on this.( still got to take block an crank to machine shop. please help im clueless?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
use the search
AGREED!

A little more detail might be of use also. Like what are your goals with this motor? Is this your weekend toy? Is this your DD?

If you really do want to boost it next winter, I'd say rebuild it to stock specs and build the bottom end when you boost.

Have you even determined that the block is worth saving?

·
Registered
94 civic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just took the head off and the oil pan to figure out the problem cause it locked up:(
i plan on this bein my dd
i just want my bottom end to be ready for whatever in the future i want to boost it just a lil strap for cash got bot 1500 maybe a lil more for this build 200hp+ after turbo when i do

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
eagle h beam rods $289
arp head studs $100
ycp vitara pistons $130
oem headgasket $40
ACL bearing kit $65

it will be low comp but...
drive it nice and easy til you decide to boost it and that will qualify as your break in period. thats a little over $650 not including some shipping perhaps...boost ready

knock yourself out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts