Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 civic ex the d16z6 engine,i can drive it for 20-30 mins then it starts to overheat so i changed the thermostat,so i test drove it and now the temp gauge will go up to 3/4 up and back down i bled the system,fan kicks on both hoses get hot bottom being same as the top and the check engine light has came on, how can i get the code?engine has 175,000 miles on it could it be a sensor since it thru a cel? thank you for ur help also temp rises on highway not just at red lights

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do u check the check engine? wheres the plug located to jump it and what ports does the paper clip go in? thanks i am kinda of a noob at this

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Passenger floorboard toward right side, and honda-swap has all the codes, prolly on here somwhere to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres 2 wires from under the glove box one has 4 ports on it and the other has 2 is it one of them?

·
Registered
95 Posts
For what it is worth I had a similar issue with my y8. My cap and hose were not in the overflow reservoir. I left it out after I added fluid. I know, stupid. It was fine for about 500 mile. I guess it finally started getting low on coolant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the res has fluid,the rad has fluid,top hose extrmely hot and bottom hose just as hot,thermostat has been changed,fan kicks on check engine light on, car temp goes up then back down it takes atleast 20 mins of driving for it to start doing that does more if i am on it or if i run the ac

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
If you kick on the heater, does the temp go back down? If you drive for a while and come to a stop, does it overheat then or will it overheat while driving down the road?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
overheats after driveing for a while like it goes up to 3 quaters of a way then back down haveing the heat on has no effects on it,it kinda started to do it at a red light but mostly after driveing for a half hour or so

1 - 13 of 13 Posts