Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have a boosted y8 in eg hatch. I had a off brand turbo on the car running stock pcv, The turbo had a port on it were i ran the waistgate. I put a new emusa turbo on it, And there is no port to run the wg. So i gutted pcv and ran to catch can and were pcv port on intake is i am now running wg on that. My car ran fine and now idles like shit and will die out, Were should i run this if not to the pcv suction should i cap that off?
Guess what i am asking is were should i run the wg and the bov for suction plz help

·
Registered
414 Posts
hey everyone i have a boosted y8 in eg hatch. I had a off brand turbo on the car running stock pcv, The turbo had a port on it were i ran the waistgate. I put a new emusa turbo on it, And there is no port to run the wg. So i gutted pcv and ran to catch can and were pcv port on intake is i am now running wg on that. My car ran fine and now idles like shit and will die out, Were should i run this if not to the pcv suction should i cap that off?
Guess what i am asking is were should i run the wg and the bov for suction plz help
in order for you to run that setup you need to not have a vented catch can, if you have a filter on it you have a vacuum leak and thats why your car wont idle

your wastegate wont work properly attached to the intake manifold/ or intake manifold as you described as thats another potential vacuum leak.

post up a picture of your setup or draw a diagram or something.

BOV vac should come from the intake manifold , anywhere you get both vac and boost

wastegate just needs anywhere with boost, at the turbo is ideal like on your old setup for fastest response; less prone to creep.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do have a vented catch can from pcv, Were it use to hook up at intake should i just plug that off?

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
vent your block and head to the catch can and then leave that alone......... you need to find a port(nipple) on the inrake mani and use that as you boost controller/wg source/signal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts