Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
COrrect me if i'm wrong but wouldn;t it depend on where you want to make your power? I know that retarding gives more top end power while advancing gives more low end power.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
COrrect me if i'm wrong but wouldn;t it depend on where you want to make your power? I know that retarding gives more top end power while advancing gives more low end power.
Yes but you need a dyno to check as every motor is different and some gears might be a little off. After 6 pulls on the dyno the best graph had my arospeed gear at 8 degrees retarded . . . more than likely the awesome quality put into it.

There are a few things wrong with it though . . . the TPS is extremely messed up and I never adjusted the timing, just left it at all the way forward.

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
88CR-REX...do you have your dyno sheets for those runs? I would be very interested in seeing the graph of the power changes at different timing settings.

Peace

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
88CR-REX...do you have your dyno sheets for those runs?
I will get a few friday as I am going back on the dyno at work with a b16a throttle body and hopefully a new TPS.

I assumed it to be on the correct tooth but the cam gear straight up and the distributor clocked in the middle of adjustment, it made 93whp and 82ft-lbs. Kept retarding it 2 degrees at a time until we started going down.

I would like to see if I can advance it some and take some timing out . . .

At 8 degrees retarded and full advance on the dist it made 106whp and 88ft-lbs with the ol' crapomatic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will get a few friday as I am going back on the dyno at work with a b16a throttle body and hopefully a new TPS.

I assumed it to be on the correct tooth but the cam gear straight up and the distributor clocked in the middle of adjustment, it made 93whp and 82ft-lbs. Kept retarding it 2 degrees at a time until we started going down.

I would like to see if I can advance it some and take some timing out . . .

At 8 degrees retarded and full advance on the dist it made 106whp and 88ft-lbs with the ol' crapomatic.
i also have a b16 throttle body and inyectors????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.