Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm seriously looking into buying one, but I definately need to learn about them quick. If anyone knows good links they could post I'd appreciate it. I'm no newb, but when it comes to the JRSC on the D-series I am...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
daveb91 said:
Go to honda tech in the Forced Induction section there is a +90 page discussion on them.
Never did see it, maybe I'm blind???

I did see a few F/S threads though, helps in the search...

Maybe you, if you're not busy, could hook me up with a link to it...

·
Registered
369 Posts
find ppl that have them installed on here like me. GOt ?'s ask.. most of here can answer or help you with it. U need info on. power, install, places to buy, ??

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just didn't want to seem like a newb. Most times with the beginner questions that I have, people just tell you to search, which I have been. Its just that a week ago I knew 0 about supercharging the D, now I want to buy one... :D

Thanks for the help man, I'll be in touch with you when I have more time to post, off to work for the day...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
If you have any ?'s ask away, I ran one for 4 years before I swapped to turbo in December.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vtecduck said:
If you have any ?'s ask away, I ran one for 4 years before I swapped to turbo in December.
Thanks man, I need to be schooled in Supercharging 101. I know it won't give me outrageous gains in power, but I've read a few places saying that I'll go from 85fwhp to at least 140fwhp with it. I'm not looking to build an all out race car, I had originally planned on doing a LX/VTEC (mini-me) swap, but hell that costs around $500-$600 if you do it right, and still you'll be running around 110fwhp I've read, and for around $300-$400 more, you can get around 140fwhp. Wish I had more time right now, lunch break owns me...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I hear ya man, I'm not even supposed to be online while I'm at work. :p
If you want later when I get home I'll post my dyno sheet so you can see how mine did. I was running 8psi, with 2.25" exhaust, dc 4-2-1 header and the jackson short ram intake. I was using a vafc and fmu for fuel management. I could've done better with a chipped ecu for fuel management and injectors.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vtecduck said:
I hear ya man, I'm not even supposed to be online while I'm at work. :p
If you want later when I get home I'll post my dyno sheet so you can see how mine did. I was running 8psi, with 2.25" exhaust, dc 4-2-1 header and the jackson short ram intake. I was using a vafc and fmu for fuel management. I could've done better with a chipped ecu for fuel management and injectors.
You were running it on a Z6? I'll be running on a B7, non-VTEC for life!

Anyways I'd like to run the S-AFC myself, I know nothing about the FMU...:confused:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
KScivic said:
You were running it on a Z6? I'll be running on a B7, non-VTEC for life!

Anyways I'd like to run the S-AFC myself, I know nothing about the FMU...:confused:
yeah it was on a z6, the fmu is what ups your fuel pressure under boost. If the kit you get is anything like mine was, you'll get the fmu and a relay that hooks up to a boost pressure swith on the manifold. At one psi, the relay fools the ecu into running rich to help out with the fuel supply. When I had mine tuned they actually had to cut fuel down at almost all rpms to get my a/f somewhat normal. The fuel management that came with the jackson had me running so rich that my car wouldn't idle right.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The FMU was very bad on my setup felt like I had turbo lag all of a sudden it would dump a sh!t load of fuel in and then lean out at the top end on 8 psi. I now use a chipped ECU which is by far the better setup. You have more power down low because you can use factory or better timing and no surge of fuel. Also you can safely up the boost. Within reason.

·
Registered
365 Posts
KScivic said:
Never did see it, maybe I'm blind???

I did see a few F/S threads though, helps in the search...

Maybe you, if you're not busy, could hook me up with a link to it...
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1214810&page=1

You'll love the daily driveability. Make sure you get some good tuning and decent exhaust. I would go with some 450cc injectors and Crome or Uberdata. Buy yourself a wideband O2 sensor setup, and you'll be good for some decent tuning.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jaker said:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1214810&page=1

You'll love the daily driveability. Make sure you get some good tuning and decent exhaust. I would go with some 450cc injectors and Crome or Uberdata. Buy yourself a wideband O2 sensor setup, and you'll be good for some decent tuning.
The plan would be:

4-2-1 header (DC probably), Skunk2 test pipe, RS*R cat-back, intake of some sort (K&N or AEM), D16Z6/D16Y8 tranny, Fidanza clutch, Centerforce clutch, MLS or copper head gasket, ARP head studs, and the JRSC. Injectors would be nice, I haven't read up on them much yet.

One of the kits I am looking at doesn't come with the FMU, so would getting an S-AFC be sufficient/take the place of the FMU? I would like to go with a chipped ECU, but I'm really just wanting a budget build for mild power. Wideband would be sweet, but I have no desire for it. I want a basic build-up, that will still be dependable, not too hard on my motor (227k), and run no higher than 8psi daily. Damn I know most of this is newb stuff, but when it comes to this subject, I am a newb, so bear with me...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Jackson says that an Intercooler isn't needed at this boost level...when you get higher up I would get one though. An air-to-air is going to alot more simple and readily available than an air-to-water so stick to air-to-air IMO.

T

·
0 Posts
Keeping it at stock boost levels will it survive road racing events (circuit racing not street racing)?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would think so. I have mine running stock 6 and it handles just fine for regular driving, then racing my buddies, then driving 70 miles away at 110 to get there fast. car never even got up to half way on the themostat. Also upgrade it while your installing this. I did and i can see it stayin somewhat cooler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts