Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is fucked up again, and I can´t find a d16z6 block, I found a d16a6 block from a member here, just need yo know, if everything is gonna fit right on this a6 block, I´m talking about oil pump, water pump, timing belt and tensioner, crankcase, etc.

Also need to know If the compresion is gonna change using this block/head

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got a a6 block for the crankshaft, when i was building my y8. I rember the oil pumps being diffrent. But thats for a y8

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
A6 and Z6 blocks have the same dimensions, dunno about the pump/tensioner stuff.

Compression wouldn't change if your keeping your rod/piston/head combo

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
a6 + 92-93 z6 have the same oil pump
94-95 z6 has a different oil pump <- the "upgraded upmp"
^they swap

tensioner is different, by part number. will one work for the other? i have no idea. i would not mess with this one too much. besides unless the tensioner is frozen/stuck, there is no real reason to swap it out.

water pump also has a different part number, will it swap over... yeah probably. since the 88-00 d is very very similar when it comes to the water pump.

crankshaft is the same.

side note: the tensioner and water pump where made by two different companies and could be the reason between the two different part numbers. i would be willing to bet that the parts are swapable, since the a6 and z6 blocks are cast nearly identical.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, hopefully everything is gonna fit without problems, my a6 block is on my way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts