Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deciding on a turbo manifold. . . Cast style or tubular? I know enough to stay away from ebay junk like ccfab. . .

Here are some pictures of the Turbo I will be using. . Garret Airresearch T3/.57 Trim turbo

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
CAST!!!!

those tubulars are notorious for cracking. the cast will not fail you.

dont let people fool you with nonsense about WG placement. drunkinmaster is runing 20+psi with his WG placement exactly like that with no creep/spike issues

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAST!!!!

those tubulars are notorious for cracking. the cast will not fail you.

dont let people fool you with nonsense about WG placement. drunkinmaster is runing 20+psi with his WG placement exactly like that with no creep/spike issues
She kinda likes the bling aspect of teh full-race style But we know that the cast is FTW plus tehy can be had for sooo damn cheep, money wise its feesable

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Cast manifold will be heavier. But it wont crack on you during stress. Alot more sturdy.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
that is a crazy configuration of tubes for the first mani

·
Registered
822 Posts
Deciding on a turbo manifold. . . Cast style or tubular? I know enough to stay away from ebay junk like ccfab. . .
Anyone else catch this? Gave me a good laugh lol

I think you meant "ebay junk like ssauto" or "ebay junk like OBX". CCFAB isn't on eBay (as far as I know) and they've been a company trying to get back on the good side of people for quite some time now.

Cast is proven for good power but tubular will flow better which will give more hp than cast. Just don't buy anything but cast on eBay. Get a tubular from companies such as SpoolinPerformance, TurboGoods.com... etc...

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I think you meant "ebay junk like ssauto" or "ebay junk like OBX". CCFAB isn't on eBay (as far as I know) and they've been a company trying to get back on the good side of people for quite some time now.

Cast is proven for good power but tubular will flow better which will give more hp than cast. Just don't buy anything but cast on eBay. Get a tubular from companies such as SpoolinPerformance, TurboGoods.com... etc...
:hammer: ooop's! lol I ment ssautochrome! man. . . I am a noob and all lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

i lol'd when i saw he called ccfab trash.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
yea i seen that... i think ccfab was on ebay for a little bit to sell some overstock.. or leftover mani's they had... but i dont think they're usually on ebay.... lmfao and ccfab is not junk... go to www.ccfabonline.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
The CCFAB dudeman screwed over a friend of mine.. so..

I'm definitely not going with him; sorry, I really don't want to get into details.

http://hermsfab.com - that looks decent. i'm going to have to take a look into this.

·
Registered
99'civic 4D
253 Posts
I'm useing the cast drag manifold. Having alot of problems with it because of where the wastegate sits.(Boost creeping!) I just bought a OBX on to where the wastegate sits in the middle. Hopefully It will work better?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
yes he is on ebay. if my work didnt block eBay id show you one of his listings...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts