Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my civic d16z6 for 3days before i start to drive it on the weekend.
After driving for around 1omins i realise there are alot of white smoke come out from my engine bay so i decide to pop the bonnet & realise that the smoke was coming out from my top head when i remove the engine oil cap..

So what is the problem im facing????:willy_nilly:
Piston fries? Piston ring spoilt???

Help me please......:-(

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Sounds like crank case pressure to me

first of all, is the PCV system hooked up properly? If not your building to much crank case pressure which is a known cause of smoke out of the valve cover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like crank case pressure to me

first of all, is the PCV system hooked up properly? If not your building to much crank case pressure which is a known cause of smoke out of the valve cover.

Sorry im kind of new to this term could u explain more?
thks alot..

Could it be my valve because at 1st i realise my LMA is making a hell of noise..
then the white smoke out of my top head?

If piston nt working can the car be driveable? I mean 1 piston stop working or etc..

Really appreaciate yr help..

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
So why dont you explain your setup instead of asking generic questions, when everyone thinks your engine is stock.

No info means no help.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
ok, the PCV system helps evacuate crank case pressure, if it not properly hooked up it will cause too much pressure to build up and it WILL start smoking like you are speaking of.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry guys here my setup:

Engine: D16Z6
P29 76mm
cosmetic Head GAsket
Arp Headstud
Eagle Conrod
ACL Race Bearing
Pnp Head 3 angle Valve
Crower Stage 3 Cam With Retainer & Valve Spring
Sard Fuel regulator
B18c Injector
255l Walbro Fuel Pump
Toda Quad Trottle (ITB)
Apexi VAfc2
Apexi RSM
Customise ECU Chip
MSD Coil WIf Nology Powercore

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
With a build like that, I find it strange you are asking these types of questions. Did you pay someone else to do all that work?

I didnt know Toda made ITB's for a Z6, crazy.

Its off topic, but I couldnt help myself. Why is it your ECU is chipped but you are using a VAFC?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With a build like that, I find it strange you are asking these types of questions. Did you pay someone else to do all that work?

I didnt know Toda made ITB's for a Z6, crazy.

Its off topic, but I couldnt help myself. Why is it your ECU is chipped but you are using a VAFC?
Here in my country we dun have the luxury to build our own engine in our own garage we need to sent it over to proper workshop to be done.
It a custom made toda ITB for D16Z6.

We using another type of mapping compare to the stock mapping with vafc doin the fine tuning..Being running with it for nearly 4yrs plus..

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
lol wtf? i said this forever ago... and you treated me like an idiot...

ya noob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts