Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting in a d16a with a z6 head in my 96 ex coupe. I need to know if the head since it's from a z6 block of it will slap right on to the d16a block or do I need to align both to tdc and how would I time it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
most sohc d series engines are interchangable im almost certain that the z6 head will fit it will just need to be afixed with the right obd2 sensors just line the timing marks up with the factory specs before putting the timing belt on. you should not need to time it most of the adjustment is in the dizzy but if u get it a tooth or 2 off it will run but really crappy and u will not be able to fix this with the dizzy so be sure that the marks are perfect

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a 95 right now and it had a d15b7 in it wich burned a valve and i had a obd0 d15b2 sitting around from my dpfi to mpfi conversion in my wagon so i popped that head on the b7 block and swapped senors and intake maniflod and i had no problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I have the obd2 a right note because the motor I had before was the z6 just the bottom end blew so I got a new engine and put my old head on it. I'm just about done with the swap. And I'm hoping it will run Good. Do you happen to know the whp for that engine build?

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes your engine is obd2a and there bolth about the same hp realisticly stock with the d16a bottom end and the z6 top end ull probbaly be around 120 hp cause im pretty sure the d16a has arounf 115 and the z6 is around 130 should run fine as long as everything is hooked right and ur timing is good ull find out right away honda engines are pretty specific just make sure on that engine u dont mistake the tps sensor plug for the map senor plug cause they run right next to eachother if u get em backwards itll idle at wide open throttle

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yes your engine is obd2a and there bolth about the same hp realisticly stock with the d16a bottom end and the z6 top end ull probbaly be around 120 hp cause im pretty sure the d16a has arounf 115 and the z6 is around 130 should run fine as long as everything is hooked right and ur timing is good ull find out right away honda engines are pretty specific just make sure on that engine u dont mistake the tps sensor plug for the map senor plug cause they run right next to eachother if u get em backwards itll idle at wide open throttle
BTW these numbers are generous and at the crank....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts