Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I got my set up all done and started it up. Runs rough and does not want to go into boost. Rev it and it stumbles at 2500rpm then will clear up. I drive it around the block, get it to 2000 or so rpm but boost will kick in and it just stumbles and won't go any higher. No check engine light, codes.

I is also burning a crap load of coolant(sweet smell). It was like a smoke show when I started it and reved it. Included are some pics maybe you guys will be able to help me. Thanks

Mods:
JRSC stock boost 6 psi
Xenocron base map ECU chipped
stock injectors
d16a6

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
did u get a low temp thermostat, check all your coolant hoses.

check all ur vacuum hoses and clean out ur iacv.

you should have boost as soon as you hit the gas pedal, do u have a boost gauge. also check your tune, b/c w/o the fmu it can run crappy w/o a good tune meaning lots of smoke from the exhaust and ur gas mileage will be really bad, and hard idle.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
your first problem is using stock injectors.. and also the smell of coolent probably means your headgasket is cracked

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
highly doubt the headgasket, never had this problem before the install. I still have the stock thermostat in it. I have not let it warm up enough to overheat or get up to temp. I'm thinking that I have coolant or vacuum hoses screwed up. The one hose I pulled out of the throttle body on the back side of my stock TB, coolant dripped from it, but I think I may have hooked a vaccum hose to it instead?

lol I'm all confused.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
did you clean where the intake manifold gasket goes and tighten it good enough?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
that yellow made me gag a little

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol tell me about it. I meant to buy all new hoses when I put it on but forgot. I bought it like that and the car was originally the much "praised" y-49. Yeah that didn't last to long with me.
Well I figured all the hoses are routed right, it is leaking coolant from the intake gasket, which in turn is dumping the coolant into the cylinders. O well guess I'll be ordering me an intake gasket and redoing everything.

After that is fixed..got to figure out why its just dumping boost.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
2,164 Posts
lol tell me about it. I meant to buy all new hoses when I put it on but forgot. I bought it like that and the car was originally the much "praised" y-49. Yeah that didn't last to long with me.
Well I figured all the hoses are routed right, it is leaking coolant from the intake gasket, which in turn is dumping the coolant into the cylinders. O well guess I'll be ordering me an intake gasket and redoing everything.

After that is fixed..got to figure out why its just dumping boost.
ought to go ahead and order a thermal/insulating im gasket

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:Dwell as this is my DD at this point and I've been bumming rides off coworkers and borrowing my mothers car to get back and forth to work, I can get a gasket from napa/honda from work tomorrow. I'll make sure thats wheat it is and then go ahead and order a hondata gasket. Thanks for the input tho that was next on the list:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EACV is on the back on the throttle body as it would nomally be. Have one vaccum hose of the EACV that runs from the coolant connecting hose to the EACV, then the other one connects to the throttle body nipple.

Xenocron tuned the basemap for stock injectors, 6 psi of boost. Stock ecu is pm6, he sent me a pr4 which he said was fine. Car seems to idle better with my stock ecu then the chipped one.

The map is going to the middle nipple on the top of the manifold right next to the brake booster vaccuum. LMK if you want some different pics and I'll take them where you would need to look.

I just got a new intake gasket today so I'll be putting it in tomorrow to see if that will stop my coolant /idle problem.

LMK dave, I've learned a lot from all your posts so I'm appreciating all your experience and all the insight you can gve. Thanks

JP

·
Registered
15 Posts
sounds like your leaking in the intake around the water jackets did you clean the old gasket off and did tighten criss cross pattern.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well there were three sensors I switched over, TPS, EACV, and TA. Where is this fast idle solenoid valve? The TA is on the drivers side right by the brake booster hose.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts