Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1987 honda civic hatch i just bought with a 1.6L jdm zc motor (d16a1 in america) was runnin fine the started wanting to stall, finally did and ive got spark, plenty of fuel pressure, checked injector pulse and i have none, where to go know, i have a pg7 ecu and im stumped on what to check next, have voltmeter and tools and stuff just dont know what to check, please help

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i need the help now its my only car and i have to get to work i had to call out so instead of just bein bored and posting on this thread basically calling me a noob or what i should or shouldnt do on this website just save it unless you have some information i can use, it has plenty of fuel pressure, i checked the ecu and it isnt sending juice to the injectors i ran a hot wire to them where they plugged into the ecu and the car ran a lil so it has to be the ecu is bad or not gettin power, how would i test it?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
im not very familiar with the FI on the OBD0 engines, but i think there is a relay that goes to the injectors, might wanna look in to that, but again i might be very wrong

sorryyyy....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10-4 checked the plugs theyre all solid, also checked the ground for all the injectors, they grounded but the engine (1.6L dohc zc) has been swapped into a 87 hatch and im not sure where the ecu fuse is there is alot of b.s wiring, which pin on the ecu would need to be getting power???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wouldnt even know where to pull codes, the wiring is a complete mess, im pretty sure its not the dizzy cause if i pour gas in the intake it will start and run and if i put a power wire on the wires coming out of the ecu to the injectors they will work, im thinking ecu im gonna git one tomorrow and ill go from there, i post tomorrow

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
I'm not at all familiar with OBD-0 Honda's, but it sounds like you might have a kink in a fuel line or a clogged filter as well. Is there gas getting on the spark plugs?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah there is plent of gas at the fuel rail, the injectors just aint firing, i bought a book and checked the resistor box and the main relay, both are fine, also cpu isnt the problem, any wires i should be checking?

·
Registered
59 Posts
wow dohc d16a1,if the problem is that you are not getting fuel in the injectors,well then the problem must be betewen ecu and fuel injectors cable i think so,other than that good luck

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found out what happened my main harness had fell down onto the cv axle and the cv axle won the battle, i spliced about 20 wires back together and im good to go thanx for all the imput

·
Registered
100 Posts
i found out what happened my main harness had fell down onto the cv axle and the cv axle won the battle, i spliced about 20 wires back together and im good to go thanx for all the imput
damn that some cazy stuff. i have never heard of that happening.
glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah but i also shorted out he alternator in the process lol its a b*tch to change its a dohc 1.6L zc stuffed in a 87 civic hatch lol $125

·
Registered
90 CRX Mini-Me Turbo
464 Posts
yeah but i also shorted out he alternator in the process lol its a b*tch to change its a dohc 1.6L zc stuffed in a 87 civic hatch lol $125

try jacking the car up off the groun and removing the ALT thru the bottom... you might have to drop the shock and have someone push the wheel down to move the axle enough

Dr. Mike

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Thats what I would have guessed. Any time you are dealing with a swap and something isn't firing, you can bet money on it being a wiring fuckup by whoever did the swap.

And about the double post comments, you would have gotten a lot more help if you weren't being such a douche. All you need to say is it's your DD and you need help ASAP. Hounding people and making a bunch of extra bullshit threads will simply piss off the regulars who are the people you are asking for help from. SCOLDING someone for pointing this out to you... well, thats why no one bothered. Why help an uppity douche? So for future reference, dont be a douche and you might actually GET some help. Remember, no one is getting paid to help anyone here, and no one is getting paid to clean up bullshit double threads.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
did you check all of your fuses..?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts