Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a turbo! would like one to be fully spooled about 4-4,500rpm and able to make about 350whp at like 25psi. i also need it to have good mid range and top end as well, doesnt have to be low end for real... just lookin for the mid to high range getty up lol... so is there any turbo out there that fits all my needs????... any suggestions would be great thx guys

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and this will do exactly what i want it to? have u used this setup before? and what kind should i grab? turbonetics, garrett what thx

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Damn.. I think you need to do some research on turbo info Because w/out a setup or anything on the drawing board, you cant just buy a turbo that you assume will work, if you dont have figures.. There is so many ways to reach your goal boosted, just have to figure the road you want to take..

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
GT2871R or GT30R Ball Bearing and will support your power goals...

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn.. I think you need to do some research on turbo info Because w/out a setup or anything on the drawing board, you cant just buy a turbo that you assume will work, if you dont have figures.. There is so many ways to reach your goal boosted, just have to figure the road you want to take..
i tried and it didnt work for me so i'd figure id ask you all

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
1. read the stickies
2. search
3. make a thread

research IN THAT ORDER or expect to be flamed/ignored...

food for thought; turbos for high HP will take a while to spool, and do you have a build bottom-end to handle the power?

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1. read the stickies
2. search
3. make a thread

research IN THAT ORDER or expect to be flamed/ignored...

food for thought; turbos for high HP will take a while to spool, and do you have a build bottom-end to handle the power?
why sure! im buidling it now! lol

·
Banned
30 Posts
so the a/r specs are what tells a lot of where it will spool up and such then huh? ill find that out when he gets on line

so what a/r should i be lookign for then??? i want about 350whp or at least 275wtrq.... but want the turbo to be fully spooled about 4,000-4,250(at most)

ok i think i found something!i talked to a guy that sells precision turbos and they have the .48 rear housing that he said will do me good.. and the other option was the .63 and he said i wont need that since i dont have a motor that is redlining at 10k... so since he said it makes a lot of lag grab the .48... and he has a customer that bought that for his sohc and he is putting out 317 at 17psi which is great to me! so yeah i think im going to grab it.. plus its only 825 shipped to me! which is what i was gonna pay for that t04e! im excited! new turbo coming guys!

bump check me out guys!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
350hp?

pretty much any t3/t4 with a .63 or smaller exhaust housing will get you there

.63/.60 50 trim is what i would buy if i were going with a rebuilt/new snail

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
so what a/r should i be lookign for then??? i want about 350whp or at least 275wtrq.... but want the turbo to be fully spooled about 4,000-4,250(at most)
Listen, you obviously don't know much about built and boosted motors. You need to stop looking at part for the next week and DO SOME RESEARCH...

1) What is your budget?
2) Once you have your budget, take 500$ out for unforseen problems...
- That's your new budget...
3) You want 350hp - Have you ever driven a 350hp civic (or any 350hp car for that matter) - It's a handfull... Why do you have the goals you have?

I've seen many 16-18year olds try to build cars without having any idea of what it takes and most of them failed, or ran out of money... By the time you'll have researched turbocharging enough, you wont need to ask which turbo you need because the answers are already there...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts