Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone has any links to any Honda engines in sprints/fireflys/metros, etc.

2nd gen to be specific.

OR better than links, first hand knowledge on what axle combos are required and how to make the axles work cheap. Mounts/wiring/everything else is easy, but I dont have a car to compare Honda parts to in front of me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
maybe this dude can help you

Honda CRX HF + Geo Metro XFi engine swap

This is a 1988 CRX HF shell with a 1992 Geo Metro XFi motor.
Why? Both vehicles were mileage machines. The CRX had a better, more aerodynamic body, better suspension, and was less susceptible to rust than the geo metros. The geo metro motor was only 3 cylinders, with the XFi having only ONE compression ring per cylinder for less engine friction, and consumed less gas than the 4 cylinder engine of the CRXs. I decided to combine those advantages into the first ever Metro-CRX swap.

-It's a mileage machine and will easily pull down high 50s MPG without much effort. Even better with effort (hypermiling).
-The engine is completely rebuilt
-Custom: motor mounts, shift linkage, battery moved to rear, wiring harness, radiator hoses, engine kill switch on shifter knob for pulse & glide hypermiling, MPGuino http://mpguino.wiseman.ee/eng
-Miraculously, no special customization to axles was needed!

I bought it as a COMPLETELY stripped shell and replaced most of the missing interior parts, but 2 of the 3 motor mounts are direct to the body without rubber, so the only thing is that it's a little loud inside without all the stock interior paneling installed. It's not too bad - test drive and see for yourself.

Needs: muffler, front indicator lights (I got some real nice teal colored CRX Si front end exterior parts for it, but couldn't find front indicators, so the ones in there are slightly too big, and duct taped on)

I worked very hard on this one of a kind car. No one has ever put a geo metro engine in a CRX before. I documented what I did thoroughly. This really needs the right owner who knows what's up. If you're not a bit of a car nerd, you shouldn't bother. This isn't a hot rod, it's a "cold rod", specifically built to get very good mileage, and sacrifice a little comfort for it. Those who can't deal with that needn't apply.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Check geometroforum.com they got a k20 geo metro

Yep there or teamswift.net. There was a D swapped one on there a long long time ago, not sure if he ever finished it but he had it on the ground rolling around. There is nothign easy about it and I doubt you find much information, find a G13b Suzuki Swift GTi DOHC motor and swap over.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the honda civic outer axles fit into the stock hubs on the cars. I just need to play around with engine placement and the shortest honda axles I can find.

What do you guys think would be the shortest Honda axles that fit 88-00 hubs civic hubs? Do 1st gen CRX/3rd gen civic outer hubs fit the newer stuff? I never tried, so I ask...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts