Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to build a turbo set up for my d16y8 dont wanna get a kit wanna start from scratch what will i need and what are some set ups some of you guys have done lmk to get an idea of what i wanna do.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I hate being a fucking nazi but does nobody read the fucking stickies anymore? Geez.

S.E.A.R.C.H.

*waits for SOHC_STUDENT*

·
11,892 Posts
I'm sorry. I apologize for being a dick. Let me try and help you out. I assume this is on a stock block correct? If so DO NOT run anymore than 25 psi or you will kill your motor. Stock injectors are good for 18 or so psi that gives you some room to work. Most guys will say run an intercooler but IMO it's pointless unless you're boosting 30+psi. You can try and get a JDM chipped ECU for managment bu they're hard to come by and very expensive to run. I say get a FMU and don't touch the stock fuel pump.

That should get you started. Lmk of any more questions.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
I'm sorry. I apologize for being a dick. Let me try and help you out. I assume this is on a stock block correct? If so DO NOT run anymore than 25 psi or you will kill your motor. Stock injectors are good for 18 or so psi that gives you some room to work. Most guys will say run an intercooler but IMO it's pointless unless you're boosting 30+psi. You can try and get a JDM chipped ECU for managment bu they're hard to come by and very expensive to run. I say get a FMU and don't touch the stock fuel pump.

LOL...:lol: to avoid answers like this read the stickies ...or you can try doing what he said but youll only end up :skull:

·
11,892 Posts
LOL...:lol: to avoid answers like this read the stickies ...or you can try doing what he said but youll only end up :skull:

You're killing my fun here mods.:mikej:

·
Registered
337 Posts

you forgot the 100 shot nos to spool the turbo to 25 psi at 150 rpm...:alky:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts