Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edit:
Ok i put them back on like how the pic is but its been awhile since i took them apart (6 months). are the rocker arms supposed to move at all? the cam and rocker arms dont move at all. i didnt even put them that tight.

1st ?.
i hope i didnt mess anything up but i need help on the rocker arms. i put the cam and rocker arms in and now the cam wont move. i didnt torque them that much but i must have done some thing wrong. does any one know the torque specs on them because my hanyes doesnt say anything. im broke right now so getting a helms is outa the question unless some one wants to hook it up ;-).

its a y8:
crower stage 2 na cam
crower springs/ret
supertech valves

2nd ?
i got a dc cam gear and i know its timing is off. its set 4 deg advanced right? so if i retard it 4deg then im back at stock right. so then 4 deg retard i go from there if i milled the head and decked the block.

TIA i know that i got more ??'s come soon so keep look at this tread :smile:.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The torque for the rocker assembly bolts is 18 Nm I believe, Ill recheck in a little bit. Make sure the secondary rockers are positioned correctly, and make sure you still have your VTEC pins in the rockers, many times ive forgotten to rotate the VTEC rocker arms and they end up making the cam not spin, muh..

With that kinda valve train it should be harder to turn anyways, but make sure all of the rockers are facing the right ways, rubber bands holding them together makes installing easier, and little chance of losing the VTEC pins.

Also, zero out the cam gear. The dizzy will automatically retard and advance timing as it sees fit, so there is no point in adjustment, get the car to run first, then toy with it.

Also, I dont think that resurfacing the block and head makes very much difference in the timing, maybe a half a tooth if that, and that should be taken care of with a bigger gasket.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slowcivic2k said:
The torque for the rocker assembly bolts is 18 Nm I believe, Ill recheck in a little bit. Make sure the secondary rockers are positioned correctly, and make sure you still have your VTEC pins in the rockers, many times ive forgotten to rotate the VTEC rocker arms and they end up making the cam not spin, muh..

With that kinda valve train it should be harder to turn anyways, but make sure all of the rockers are facing the right ways, rubber bands holding them together makes installing easier, and little chance of losing the VTEC pins.
which way is right for them to face? anyone happen to have a pic or a link.i would figure it would move some what.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Normally its the secondary rockers, the small ones in the middle, they freely spin and make installing challenging sometimes,when you take off the lost motion assembly holder, the thing with those four sprung pins that stick up in it, right below it is the secondary rocker, there are four, one for each cylinder, and there is a small tab that stick up and hits the lost motion springs, the other side hits the camshaft what happens a lot of times for me is i expect it to go straight on, but the i get it on, and begin to bolt it down, only to find the secondary rockers are flipped over.

Here are some pics that I took just a few minutes ago for you, so you have a better image:

note the small inside rocker and how it sits, and how it contacts the lost motion assembly spring, that little damn thing causes me chest pains for about 5 minutes until i get it on, i use rubber bands now, and then cut them off. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thats exactly what i was looking for thanks bro!! i think i did install them flipped over. im gonna go check. thanks i alread gave you rep :p.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone please? i need to get some progress since i have all my parts and i need to get my car working again. going on 7 months without a car sucks :mad:. plus college starts again in a couple weeks.

·
0 Posts
no when you put everything back together the cam should not move easily.

check that everything is lined up properly and the torque the bolts down in a criss cross pattern so you dont F%&k anything up and you should be good to go.

·
0 Posts
and if all else fails and nothing else is working for you

at least your the champ of curveball.

:bravo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts