Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on changing my oil return line adapter.
the part that either is welded or screwed into the oil pan from the turbo.

i want one of highest quality and is great to be welded into the oil pan. also if there is a version that i can change out the AN fitting sizes that would be great too. but prefer something that is the best availabe out there.

any link to a site and names would help.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
The problem with welding a steel fitting to the oil pan is the difference in materials and thickness.

Do you plan to remove the pan to do this?

Most of us just drill 3 holes in the pan one big for the return and two for the bolts to hold the flange on to the welded nuts on the inside. The nuts have a smaller mass and are easier to get a better weld. The flanges come in different sizes most recommend at least a 1/2AN return. The flange will be 1/2NPT.

I think tuner toys has something. I have been away from this for a while. We use Aluminum pans.

There are a number of places to buy from.

Hey do you plan to do your own welding and have it done. Talk to a pro before you decide which is best.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well getting the engine worked on next week. so ill just have them weld it in.
i thought the 91 ef civics pans are steel?

not sure of the AN fitting size tho.

do you have the summit site? not sure if theyll get the items to me in time.

checked tuner toys. they dont have what i am looking for.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
In one of the sticky's on Honda-Tech there is a link to a fitting site. One of the sponsors I think.

3/8 = -6
1/2 = -8
3/4 = -12

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
I bought my oil line kit from tunertoys.com. I will post picture soon of the of the fittings. I am waiting for tunertoys to reply for some screw issues.

Screw issues ? just take the stuff to a hardware store and find the bolts that fit. You can find the right stuff and minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts