Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was driving down the highway when my motor lost compression then the check engine light came on. I slowed down nd my car started shaking violently nd the motor sounds like a fucking boxer motor. When i stoped at the stop light my car stalled nd wouldnt start back up untill i got home nd yet the stalling continued. Someone please help. Any information as to why it is doing this would be . greatly appreciated.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Ok... you just want to go thu the cost and hassle of swapping engines....

How about you check the one you have?

Check the timing belt? the marks line up like they should?

How is the compression?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like his rotor retaining screw on the distributor shaft backed out. Take off the distributor cap without removing the plug wires and make sure the rotor is securely on there.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,205 Posts
Ok... you just want to go thu the cost and hassle of swapping engines....

How about you check the one you have?

Check the timing belt? the marks line up like they should?

How is the compression?

what code is it throwing?

Try to figure out whats wrong with your current engine ,it might be repairable . ,some Patience and a sharp eye will be of use.

start with the suggestions ...

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Blew a spark plug out of the head.

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
My brother had a motor he got out the junkyard that was blowing spark plugs every time he drove it(three times) before getting a free swap from the yard. Never addressed the issue cuz we didn't have to. Sucks bro hope u get it all worked out. It had to of worked itself loose or was put in wrong/faulty. At least its not time for a new motor. Are the threads shot?

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I need a new motor (used) i was driving down the highway when my motor lost compression then the check engine light came on. I slowed down nd my car started shaking violently nd the motor sounds like a fucking boxer motor. When i stoped at the stop light my car stalled nd wouldnt start back up untill i got home nd yet the stalling continued. Someone please help. Any information as to why it is doing this would be . greatly appreciated. Also if anyone lives in or near sheboygan,Wi and has an extra d-series motor not being used please let me know asap.
I do not understand.

-Did you get home?
-Did the car get home with you?

I am not even sure if the car is running or not at this point lol.

Video?

·
Registered
3 Posts
jdmboy92eg6, this is interesting. I have a 98 d16y8 that is doing the same thing right now. I have decided to rebuild the whole thing anyways. I would love to know if you figured this out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts