Honda D Series Forum banner

need help dsm blue top injector problem

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Ace 
#1 ·
I recently boosted my eg and installed dsm blue top injector I got it tune and the guy didn't installed a resistor box... I ask him if that affects the injector and he told me no...that was strange time chase I read alot about having to have one.... But I trusted his judgment.... I ran the car two days and injector four got burn .... Could this have happens because I didn't install a resistor box or is just my bad luck of buying use injectors

What should I do... If I install now a rosaries box would that mess with the tune .

#5 ·
The funny thing is his (jdmbitch) ecu mysteriously didn't work anymore when we plugged it back in. We ended up buying one from the tuner so we could get home.

#4 ·
The tuner claims he changed it on the ecu supposedly to run the injectors without it. I've never heard of this being done but he says he tunes every car that way including his. We have a resistor box to put in but the tuner insists on not using it.

#11 · (Edited)
I spoke with the tuner. His pretty well know in Orlando FL... He told me that I didn't need a resistor box because he controls the voltage on the injectors on on his computer, I never heard of that being to be able to be done....that he dosent run a resistor box on he's car either...that I just had bad luck buying use injector... Lmao

#16 ·
It may be worth your while to get a new ECM and injectors from him since he's the one who broke them. If he doesn't at least refund you some money talk with BBB, and post up his name and company all over the internet. You can't argue with stupid.

#20 ·
Yea he meant the ohm difference in the peak and saturated injectors.

#23 ·
Your tuner is a cocky noob and from what you say he likes to tell people things that are completely wrong, there are no software tricks to give the low impedance injectors more impedance (aka resistance) without adding resistors.

The reason you need to run a high impedance is to prevent your injector drivers (Qm1, and QM2) from overheating and eventually burning out. If you still have your old burnt ecu I might be willing to buy it for a repair and re-sell job.

#25 ·
Ultimately, I think the final fix is finding another tuner. No matter how good he supposedly is. I've lived in Florida before (Tampa), and I know people over there can be really shady. Just remember, it's Florida dude, especially Orlando, tuners are EVERYWHERE. Florida is the Cali of the East coast, you can find almost anything out there, including very good and reputable tuners. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.