Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently boosted my eg and installed dsm blue top injector I got it tune and the guy didn't installed a resistor box... I ask him if that affects the injector and he told me no...that was strange time chase I read alot about having to have one.... But I trusted his judgment.... I ran the car two days and injector four got burn .... Could this have happens because I didn't install a resistor box or is just my bad luck of buying use injectors

What should I do... If I install now a rosaries box would that mess with the tune .

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
The tuner claims he changed it on the ecu supposedly to run the injectors without it. I've never heard of this being done but he says he tunes every car that way including his. We have a resistor box to put in but the tuner insists on not using it.

·
3,566 Posts
I'm surprised you didin't fry your ECU first. I just put mine in yesterday, but I haven't ran the car yet since I still need some intercooler piping and a BOV, but I wired in some 10 ohm, 10 watt resistors. The write-up is in here if you need it:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/7216-diy-dsm-injector-resistor-wiring-install-pics.html
The funny thing is his (jdmbitch) ecu mysteriously didn't work anymore when we plugged it back in. We ended up buying one from the tuner so we could get home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The funny thing is his (jdmbitch) ecu mysteriously didn't work anymore when we plugged it back in. We ended up buying one from the tuner so we could get home.
So the ECU you bought from this mystery "tuner," is it tuned as well with this internal ECU resistor?

I say, wire in the resistor box, and tell him you WANT him to tune it with the resistor box, or else you're going to somewhere else. Nigga sounds shady as hell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I spoke with the tuner. His pretty well know in Orlando FL... He told me that I didn't need a resistor box because he controls the voltage on the injectors on on his computer, I never heard of that being to be able to be done....that he dosent run a resistor box on he's car either...that I just had bad luck buying use injector... Lmao

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to put a resistor box so that this issue won't happen agin...now doing that would I have to retune the car or should I be ok

·
Registered
50 Posts
The tuner claims he changed it on the ecu supposedly to run the injectors without it. I've never heard of this being done but he says he tunes every car that way including his. We have a resistor box to put in but the tuner insists on not using it.
Dont make that ediot tune ur car...it WILL go BOOM BOOM..

·
Registered
495 Posts
It may be worth your while to get a new ECM and injectors from him since he's the one who broke them. If he doesn't at least refund you some money talk with BBB, and post up his name and company all over the internet. You can't argue with stupid.

·
3,566 Posts
So the ECU you bought from this mystery "tuner," is it tuned as well with this internal ECU resistor?

I say, wire in the resistor box, and tell him you WANT him to tune it with the resistor box, or else you're going to somewhere else. Nigga sounds shady as hell.
Supposedly yes.

And that is the plan. We are going to tell him to retune it with the resistor box.

·
3,566 Posts
One last thing, Honda and DSM injectors run at 12 volts.
Yea he meant the ohm difference in the peak and saturated injectors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts