Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi ppl , yesterday when i was driving home , suddently my engine stops from nothing ...i stopped the car , and tried to start the engine again .. it cranks but nothing ....then i called for some help , and took my car home , passed two hours tried again and voila ! it runs perfect....

today i was looking for the cause of that incident , and take off my dizzy to check , when i put back to place tried to start and nothing again ...

the history starts again and for that i start to look for the cause:

have spark , fuel pump is working (Smells alot fuel and the plugs are full os gas) , main relay is ok , tested a friends ignitor coil , rotor is ok , cap is ok , no cel codes ....considering that i dont now what can it be...can igniter unit be bad and causing this? can you guys gime some help ..im alot concern with this issue and need the car running to go to work...
thx in advance

PS: the engine is a D16Z6 swap into EK

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Also did you check the ECU? I have the same motor in my 1994 civic EX and it wouldnt start at all. had me confused too. But it turned out to be the ECU

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
your ecu may be fried and/or in "limp mode"

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already discovered the issue ; i change the dizzy from a B16A2 (TD-81U) and put in there ...the engine started immediatly , not running well but ir runs , cause the dizzy is not from there .lol ....so the problem is the ignitor unit.....so with that can you tell me if a D16Y8 dizzy can be used into my Z6? or just the internals???i have a deal for one , and if it works i will buy it...thx guys

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
bolt pattern on a Z6 is unique, you would probably be better off just buying a B7/Y7/Y8 dizzy and taking the coil and ignitor and putting it back in you Z6 dizzy if all the other internals are all good.

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
bolt pattern on a Z6 is unique, you would probably be better off just buying a B7/Y7/Y8 dizzy and taking the coil and ignitor and putting it back in you Z6 dizzy if all the other internals are all good.
hi , that was what i tried to say/asked if the Y8 internals are compatible with the Z6 dizzy chassis...are they?is safe to change the Y8 dizzy internals igniter unit , coil and the most important - the sensors - to Z6 dizzy ???

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
hi , that was what i tried to say/asked if the Y8 internals are compatible with the Z6 dizzy chassis...are they?is safe to change the Y8 dizzy internals igniter unit , coil and the most important - the sensors - to Z6 dizzy ???
I'm pretty such the ignitor and coil are the same or at least compatible. The housings are obviously different though...

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok ...scare apart , decided to get the risk and get off all internals of a Y8 dizzy and put into my Z6 dizzy....fisrt time all went wrong cause i put the rotor that conetcs to valvetrain upside down (180º inverted) , but then a looked to the manual correctly and discovered my mistake...then put all back together and try the first start next i felt all shaking and CABOOOOM!!!! and a lot of fuel smell...lololol too many trys to put the engine to run .....heheh now is working for good ..almost 1 hour with vtec always open and runs great.....dam the igniter unit...all this for something so small...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts