Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i jus bought a 97 Honda Civic Hatch Auto Dx. Come to find out the car was swapped n has a d15b7 vtec motor. The guy i bought it from only had it for a month n was gonna make it a project but decided to sell it cus he had no time for it n never touched it except give it a tune up. The car idles bout 1500 rpm goes up n down n then settles to a grand. He thought it might've bin a misfire which in fact its the crank sensor. What would i need/have to do to have this car really working right??? Pls help me out

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
so many people with these obd1 cars in obd2 bodies.

There is about 3 post on here from the pass few days about the crank sensor.

Next need more information on the setup.
Kinda sucks because you opening a can of worms working behind someone.

but lets start.

Pix of motor bay.
What ecu is the car running?
What injectors are in the car?
DO you have any check engine light?
And the hunting (reving up and down) could be the iacv or a vacuum leak.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Start with this for the CKF fix, the 97 has a crank sensor (technically a CKF) and the d15b7 motor doesn't have a spot for one unless you run a y7/y8 oil pump. After that check for codes and air leaks. Tell me more about the swap because the d15b7 didn't have vtec stock. Also what intake, manual or auto...

http://www.d-series.org/forums/general-tech/228570-ckf-bypass-trick.html

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
And the hunting (reving up and down) could be the iacv or a vacuum leak.
x2 try removing iacv, clean with brake cleaner or throttle body cleaner spray inside the two holes(1 with screen mesh and the one without it)
replace gasket if necessary part number for gasket on that particular Iacv is 36455-PT3-A01.
Check for vacuum leaks & test see if the idle surging goes away.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thx for commenting for wat ik is wat i posted. The guy didn't even kno the motor was swappd until i told him. He doesn't kno much he had it for a month n he parked it that's all ik. How can u tell if the Intake Mannie is manual or auto? Im stumped bc this is all ik for now later today ima mess with it more n take pics. My uncle came out wit his computer n checked out y the engine light was on n it read Cfk (crank sensor position). From wat my boy told me i might have to get a new distributor n go from there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's a quick n easy fix i might stay wit the motor but from way I'm researching n hearing sounds like a lil headache i don't want. Prob jus sell the car n make my money back quickly which i really don't want hatch super clean.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Thx for commenting for wat ik is wat i posted. The guy didn't even kno the motor was swappd until i told him. He doesn't kno much he had it for a month n he parked it that's all ik. How can u tell if the Intake Mannie is manual or auto? Im stumped bc this is all ik for now later today ima mess with it more n take pics. My uncle came out wit his computer n checked out y the engine light was on n it read Cfk (crank sensor position). From wat my boy told me i might have to get a new distributor n go from there.
Again I will post...

Start with this for the CKF fix, the 97 has a crank sensor (technically a CKF) and the d15b7 motor doesn't have a spot for one unless you run a y7/y8 oil pump. After that check for codes and air leaks. Tell me more about the swap because the d15b7 didn't have vtec stock. Also what intake, manual or auto...

http://www.d-series.org/forums/general-tech/228570-ckf-bypass-trick.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
N i don't understand is how the ecu is str8 hooked up to the car harness witout no step down harness. Cus from wat ik ur suppose to have the obd2a-obdb1 step down harness

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
N i don't understand is how the ecu is str8 hooked up to the car harness witout no step down harness. Cus from wat ik ur suppose to have the obd2a-obdb1 step down harness
Post a pic of the ecu connection.
Some people did have obd2a p28 ecus.
It was really on the 96-98 civics tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts