Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay as states in title my car still will not start and I am running out of ideas now.
It is a 1994 Honda Civic EX with 231,000 on body/151,000 on motor.
D16Z6 motor-sohc vtec

It used to start and run when I picked it up just idled low and sometimes after a little driving wanted to die

Now the car just wont start at all. crank all day with no start or even attempting to do so.

Fuel pump primes on turn of key, but car wont start

Things I have done-
Changed Fuel Filter

Replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires

Replaced Main Relay with new Honda Part

Cleaned IACV which fixed idle before car wouldnt start(this was last time it ran for me)

Checked for Vaccum leaks-none I could find

Has a new cap/rotor/distributor when I got it-checked them they all look and appear okay too

Anybody have any ideas? I am running out of them?

Maybe fuel pump? or fuel system? ECU?

Thanks

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Is the starter good???I would say if the starter is good,and if you crank over the car and theres nothing at all check the igntion to starter wire,turn the key over and do a jumper wire from the positive on the battery and the connection on the starter to see if she starts.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought of that.
Yeah as far I know the starter good. it cranks over strong and doesnt give that clicking noise either.

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
that was my problem that i had finally figured out and if that is your p[roblem you can just run a momentary push start switch and hide it so the n its like an alarm to...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does suck man.
forgot to add that. I changed the fuel filter as well.
Will check the timing, but I think it ok though.
Grounds all look like good connection, but I try cleaning them up too-what best to use to clean a ground?-coke? baking soda?

·
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
make sure your timing is good fuel filter be sure that you have spark and then make sure all connections are connected and check grounds. I feel for ya man hunting this shit down really sucks balls.
X2 i was down for a year trying to get all the issues fixed,Make sure its all grounded like he said thats a big thing to have wrong that cause this problem to.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah true that- it be a hidden theft immobilizer then. lol

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I will definitely check into the grounds and clean them. there are 3 grounds right?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I thought there were 3 I needed to check. Will do those tomorrow hopefully. Among some other things.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wiring all appeared to be okay from what I seen. No bare wires or loose wires either. Confirming spark tomorrow. But I am almost certain that the issue is the fuel pump or fuel related. Because while cranking it and doing it a few times I dont smell any fuel at all

But will be confirming alot of this tomorrow

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, I finally got a chance to check inot the distributor, and the cap and rotor are new and good to go, however, I have no spark. So I know the plugs,wires,cap,rotor all good since they are brand new.

But when inspecting inside of the dizzy, I noticed that one part had a crack on it. My question now is since I dont have any spark what should I check next? the igniter,coil?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is still in place inside. But I am not sure if it is correctly aligned.

Also will it matter if when checking for spark, whether you have the plug against the valve cover or the shock tower? Just thought about it and realized I ued the valve cover. Being aluminum I think I may want to check that again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts