Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into buying a tig welder.i am not sure what to look for in a tig.i was hoping someone one could tell me what specs i should look for when buying a tig.i am currently looking at some of the less expensive machines on ebay i do not want to spend a ton of money on a machine.pleas help

also i have a snapon mig welder already. it has the hookup for a tig attachment but the snap on man says its not that good.here is the link for the welder i have now
MM140SL, Welder, "Muscle Mig" Wire Feed

if anyone has used the tig setup for this machine please let me know how it works i might buy it.

thanks guys

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will probably use the machine 1 time a week.and i would like to tig alum and stainless steel.i cant think of any thick alum i would be welding

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Aluminum is the determining factor in how much you have to spend. Just about any TIG machine will weld steel/stainless. Aluminum has a high heat transfer rate, so the machine needs to be able to input enough current in order to heat up the Aluminum to actually solidly fuse it. Most cheap TIG machines don't do Aluminum well at all, because you lack the controls of modern TIG welding machines made with inverters and electronic waveform control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.