Discussion Starter #1
Ok finally got the kit on the car its a 93 civic with a d16z6
kit is a t3/t4 turbo
dsm 450cc injectors with resistor box
fmic
2" fmic piping
3"dp
chipped p28

Got all the kit together and have a big problem went to start the car sounds like it was gonna start ran for about 2 sec, but while it did it was dumping so much fuel that it completely soaked the engine bay, gas was comming out of the exhaust side of the turbo housing my downpipe isnt on because I was gonna take a trip to the muffler shop when the car was running..

I have done voltage checks, resistance checks my buddy has the exact same setup and tried my burn and my ecu in his car with no problems what so ever...

what could be causing that massive amount of fuel the only way I can describe it is that the injectors are live all the time and are turned on to max "all the time"

any help would be great

·
Registered
201 Posts
might use a test light while cranking to see if the injectors are pulsing or just staying constantly on.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sounds like your wiring is incorrect or shorted, keeping injectors wide open instead of pulsing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I was thinking what would you suggest, tracing all the wiring back from injectors or getting a new engine harness ?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Maybe you could borrow your buddy's harness, and see if that eliminates the issue, also resistor box. He has the same, right?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Give it a try then!
Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that was my first thought, but there is so much fuel pumping out that its running out of the exhaust manifold on the bottom and the exhaust side of the turbo way way way to much

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
did you wire the resistor box in correctly? if you didnt then theres not only more voltage going to the injectors than there should be, but you can fry your ecu. i'd check that wiring.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The ecu is setup for the exact same thing I am using my buddy has the same setup I put my ecu in his car fires up and runs like a dream so its not the ecu or the burn

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
:mikej:a resister box is hard to wire wrong........ how did you wire it..... right to your injectors/clips... or to your dead end clip???? also you stated that your car was a 93 if im not mistaken... and has a d16z6.... did you wire up 2 resister boxes lol??? because 92-95 z6 already has a resister box on it....

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
did you wire up 2 resister boxes lol??? because 92-95 z6 already has a resister box on it....
FALSE....

92-95 civics run different type of injectors that dont require resister boxes... dsm's and 88-91 civics require resister boxes.. he could have a bad wire somewhere.. or theres a bad injector.. where are you located?? in california?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
you didnt quote my whole response... i stated that "if im not mistaken.............................." so i was not telling him that he did or didnt.....

i just thought p28's use low impedance injectors

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update got to work on the car all day turns out it was a dying dizzy, bad map sensor and bad resistor box got the car running on the 450's runs good pulls pretty hard going to the muffler shop tommorrow for a downpipe then going to tune it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts