Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking aout getting a civic with a d16 dohc zc my problem is the guy said its not firing one the #1 cylinder and firing on 2,3and 4 and its bc its dont have a zc style distributor first thing can this b true r he feeding a bullshit and if not what the the d16dohc zc come n so i can buy parts

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
the dizzy is most likey not your problem, id 1 need to a compression test and if that comes back good 2 do an igition tune up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
yea i had that issue when i bought my car, the wires were hooked in wrong order, but yea i say do compression test is thats good your good to buy! best of luck!

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
One thing to consider, if the guy has some hacked up distributor off something else bolted to the DOHC ZC, then that shows what kind of work he does. The wire harness is probably hacked up, probably has wrong ECU, and other problems that can be a pain. I've bought plenty of Honda's with swaps, about 90% of the swaps are half-ass and seem like simple fixes but turn into headaches. This is why I buy stock Honda's and do a swap myself the correct way. There is no right way to do something, but hundreds of ways how not to do it.

A 4-cylinder will run on 3 cylinders (even on 2 cylinders idling), so if it doesn't even run then check the firing order (takes 20 seconds), if it is correct then verify spark on other cylinders and check #1. If he doesn't want you to check these things, just walk away because he has something he is hiding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pull the spark plug out and hook the wire up to it and lay it on the valve cover, then crank over and check for spark. If no, then probably a dead wire, if yes then more than likely a more serious problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts