Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do i set the cam when installing my rocker arm assembly back on? Because four of the rocker arms are starting to touch the valves when i get the rocker arm assembly flush or start to tighten it down. They are not supposed to touch when installing correct. Ive tried tdc for number one cylinder and then rotating it to the right or left, but a few rocker arms are still starting to touch.This is a d16a6, im instaling a crane stage 2 cam. Thanks

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess its alright. No matter what 4 valves will "be on the cam" a little so i gave it as much clearance as i could and just tightened down the bolts a little at a time and in sequence. It seems fine. I was worried about binding the valves.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
your fine, just make sure none of the pieces of the rocker arms are bound. rotate the crank with a socket wrench a couple of times to make sure everything is clear. check your valve lash too.

-ic

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
icarusdown said:
your fine, just make sure none of the pieces of the rocker arms are bound. rotate the crank with a socket wrench a couple of times to make sure everything is clear. check your valve lash too.

-ic
Thanks, I had never intalled a cam or dealt with the head so i learned a few things which is good.The head was off cause of headgasket and is now on and i did a valve adjustment and everything seems good. Now i hope it runs well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts