Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was teaching my girlfriend how to drive my civic...the next day on my way to work it started making a tapping sound like the pistons were hitting against something (my incle called it rocker tap) well he said it was nothing to major and i just needed to find a manual for it so we could put the pistons back in alignment..the next day i started it up and it was still making the noise but it was really loud. so i cut it off and tried again..well t wasnt as loud so i drove it around the block and the oil light came on..so i was on my way to walmart to get some oil. well i was going down the road and after i shifted into 3rd i heard a "ping" and the engine cut off and smoke came out of my air vents and there was a trail of oil and it was all over the bottom of my engine..there is a hole about the size of my hand in the motor about right behind the radiator..well i cranked up but was smoking and rocking back and forth..so i got it towed home now im stuck not knowing if it can be fixed or do i have to get a new engine? if i have to get a new engine where can i because i have spent days looking for one on the internet. any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
You need a new engine. You can get them from 100-400 dollars. You will have to look at like a craigslist or something because you cannot buy from here. You could also try to buy from hmotors or something like that.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i was reading ...what was it.. some muscle car mag and this guy had an all original like 68 cude and he had it all restored except the original engine had thrown a rod through the block and it said that he took it to a shop and the repaired it...repaired a hole in a cast iron block i have never heard of anything like that before

op im not suggesting this as an option not fiscally reasonable

·
Registered
234 Posts
your engine blew up for not having oil on it...th eonly place ull find a cheap engine is on craigslist or maybe a junkyard but you never know whats wrong with it until youve turned it on

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i was reading ...what was it.. some muscle car mag and this guy had an all original like 68 cude and he had it all restored except the original engine had thrown a rod through the block and it said that he took it to a shop and the repaired it...repaired a hole in a cast iron block i have never heard of anything like that before

op im not suggesting this as an option not fiscally reasonable
do it all the time in kart racing. nothign new. but dont blame your GF she deff didnt make it blow lol unless she sat on the rev limit for an hour lol. but you should be fine just grabbing another. dont take it to a shop unless u wanna spend a few thousand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts