Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was almost done changing out the head gasket on my d15b and I just happened to notice a small round piece still left in the bag from thee machine shop. I have already pulled the head back off but cant seem to figure it out. The piece I am talking about is about the size of a nickel with a small ported hole in it. Is this the oil jet for the head???

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
should just pop back in. or thread in i forget but its fine

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope doesnt look like that it is an off centered hole, Is there any way it goes under the vtec solenoid Cause I took that off when I sent the head to the machine shop. Oh and how do ya post pics I have the picture in my photobucket account?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at it again it is about the size of a dime and about 1/4 inch thick with an off center hole. Someone tell me where this fell out of. It has to be out of the head somewhere.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like it may be part of the spool valve

near #12 & 15

Yea thats what I am thinink, Damn shouldnt have pulled that Head back up. Oh well

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did u open the spool valve? if not i doubt thats it
why not quit playing the guessing game and call ur machine shop?
The machine shop is already closed what would I say to them anyway. Plus I already said I took the solenoid off so that is probably why it ended up in the bag. But thanks for the help.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
did u open the spool valve? if not i doubt thats it
why not quit playing the guessing game and call ur machine shop?
Is there any way it goes under the vtec solenoid Cause I took that off when I sent the head to the machine shop.

The question is, did you "crxlifer21" take the solenoid off of the valve assy, or the valve assy off the head or both?

But i still say it's part of the valve assy...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The question is, did you "crxlifer21" take the solenoid off of the valve assy, or the valve assy off the head or both?

But i still say it's part of the valve assy...
I took the solenoid off of the valve assembly then took it down to the machine shop. But by looking at the diagram and putting the piece in the valve assembly Im am almost positive this is where it goes. What is your opinion?

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
If you took the solenoid off the valve assy, and you got the head back and that is what was left, you may be missing more parts for the valve assy being that they have that part in the bag and "they" did not know what it went too...

My real opinion is that part is for your valve assy, there may be other missing parts to the valve assy, and you may need to get a new "used" one...

I am leaving work now, so I hope that I have helped alot.....

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you took the solenoid off the valve assy, and you got the head back and that is what was left, you may be missing more parts for the valve assy being that they have that part in the bag and "they" did not know what it went too...

My real opinion is that part is for your valve assy, there may be other missing parts to the valve assy, and you may need to get a new "used" one...

I am leaving work now, so I hope that I have helped alot.....
Thanks for the help boss It definitely is a piece to the valva assy it sits right underneath the solenoid, I think it fell out while I was transporting the head back to the house.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts