Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In What Order Do The Spark Plug Wires Go Connected?
Obiviously The Biggest Go On The Far Right Of The Motor.
But How Do They Go Connected On The Distribuator? Any
Pics? Ive Looked At A Few Pics But Ic Ant Seem To Follow
Them.. Its A Dohc Zc Motor

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn! bad news.. well maybe not 2 bad! ok well i finally got everything plug in! everything in order! after the wriging.. injector. cam sensor. new distribuator. wiring.. after doing all this it doesnt turn on. it turns over and it sounds like its about to start but it doesnt. any clues on what can be making my car not turn on? i already double checked the plugs. battery cables.. spark plug wires.. everything is in place.. any clues?

·
Registered
161 Posts
damn! bad news.. well maybe not 2 bad! ok well i finally got everything plug in! everything in order! after the wriging.. injector. cam sensor. new distribuator. wiring.. after doing all this it doesnt turn on. it turns over and it sounds like its about to start but it doesnt. any clues on what can be making my car not turn on? i already double checked the plugs. battery cables.. spark plug wires.. everything is in place.. any clues?
SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND BUT I AM A NICE GUY TOO SOO HERE YOU GO

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39148

·
Registered
307 Posts
perhaps you have no pressure from the fuel pump...you can try leaveing a plug out and try turning it over see if you smell fuel (prolly not the best way but it would work).

also te see if its the fuel pump..when you turn the electrical on in the car you normally hear a high pitch hum on a healthy pump. on a bad pump its a deeper slower hum.

or even try spraying carb cleaner in the TB while starting it..and see if it stays going for a sec...and watch out ive seen it back fire on ppl..and they jump about 10 feet..so be the cranker not the sprayer LOL.

id reccomentd reading 94 civtlc's link..cuz i havent even done that and i can be totally off lol.

later

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
this annoyed me too when i was trying to get the order right... the haynes manual had some screwy drawing that made it seem like it was 1-2-3-4, 2-3-4-1...whatever... but yeah. what the other guys have said was right.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone for your help. i really apreciate this.. and there is 1 problem. when i turn it over to start it. it leaks alot of gas fromt the fuel pressure regulator. and a little where the fuel line goes on the fuel rail. im guessing the rubber on the fpr isnt all that great that its causing it to throw gas like crazy. and on the fuel line it might be missing a ring. but even at that.. it should turn on shouldnt it?????? or due to the fact its loosing gas it wont start? my guesses is that it should start either way. what do u ppl thing?

·
Registered
171 Posts
i always say stick with basics, if its an element that can magically go pop! then it probably will. trouble shooting one 0 one, or you can tear your whole car down and replace everything twice just to be sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts