Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've got a D15B non vtec (just d15b no 5th number) in a 91 Civic hatch and am wondering what do I have. I've got an MPFI swap on it, don't know if the motor was carbed or fuel injected, but the head does have pm3-12 stamped on it between the 3rd and 4th exhaust ports. If anyone has info on this motor like hp, tq, compression ratio, cam specs, etc. Please reply. Also is the cam in the D16A6 mor agressive than this one in the d15b? Let me know anything you've got to offer. Thanks.
Later, ahknodd

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
IT's probebly a B1 or B2:
D15B1 1.5 8V SOHC PGM-FI 1493 [email protected] [email protected] '88-'91 Civic
D15B2 1.5 16V SOHC PGM-FI 1493 [email protected] [email protected] '88-'91 Civic DX/LX (USA)

Not entirly accurate, I have a D15B1 appart and it had a 16 valve head.

I've never seen cam specs for the D15 non-VTEC motors, but the A6 cam is more aggressive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay man, thanks for the reply, but as I stated in the first message this motor is a D15B. It's not a D15B1 or 2 or 7.... it's just a D15B. I have heard it's an EDM D15B that was originally carbed, it had 100 Hp and on and on. But I think you are right about the A6 cam being more agressive. My main question is are there any differences in the heads, like port size, flow, anything other than the cams? thanks for your help. Later, Ahknodd

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I did forget to post that the head code is PM3-12. If that helps let me know. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts