Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have done the searches, and everywhere you can buy "piping" it is not every piece i need or requires insane cutting.

is there a place i can buy piping that might cost more than the average piping, but is already cut to fit my application? i mean where i can just buy it and slap it on? i don't have cutting tools nor do i trust my measurement skills.

I have seen ONE on ebay, but its 2" piping and still needs one pipe to be cut. i would prefer 2.5" as that is what i have right now and all the couplings and stuff..... and of course the IC is 2.5"

i would have thought with the plethora of turbo civics out there, that someone would have made an all-inclusive kit. I don't mind paying a slight premium for the fitment, but cannot find one.

I know about stealthmode, jc whitney, etc... i've done searches on HMT, d-series, HT, and all that stuff.... it seems everyone is making their own. I just flat-out don't have the capability, know-how, or anything to do that. I messed up an injectors install for cryin out loud.

but any help here would be great.... you guys seen any kits ready to install for the '92-00 civic? i have a d15b and greddy kit with Johnny race car IC

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
you can buy a premade generic kit, but you are still going to have to cut and modify it to fit.

i am custom making mine out of mandrel bends. see if you cant find someone interested in taking on the project.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the kit i got

Try to contact that guy, he doesnt have any intercooler kits on ebay rite now but he does have a 88-00 front and rear camber it for 100 shipped.
adam731432 said:
Hey what do you guys think about this intercooler kit. Only 230 shipped with flange welded on it on and already bent out and setup . Only about 200 considereing most people charge 30 shipping on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7984627531&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Features:
2.00" piping from turbo to intercooler inlet & 2.25" piping from intercooler outlet to throttle body (piping is sized accordingly for quicker throttle response throughout the entire power-band)
continuous (not segmented) mandrel bent design
lightweight 18 gauge mild steel construction
durable gunmetal powdercoat finish (the piping shown in the bottom 3 pictures are painted in satin black)
bead-rolled ends
A/C compatible
includes flange for Tial/Tial Type 50mm B.O.V.
will fit the following Honda Civic applications:
- 92-95 CX, VX, DX, LX, EX, Si models with D-series engines
- 96-00 EX, Si models with D-series engines
- 92-00 with B-series engines except B18C engine with OEM intake manifold
Do not compare to DIY kits being sold that require cutting, welding, and painting
does not include silicone connectors or hose clamps
does not include 50mm B.O.V.
does not include intercooler
Low introductory price of $230.00 shipped

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
monster-d u name theif. i had that name for my car for 2 .5 years now. :(

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
a battery powered chop saw from craftsmen would be a good investment. i ordered three 2.5'' u-bends from summit, and did all my ic piping myself with little experience. order about ten couplers and the only thing that will need to be welded will be your bov flange. what kind of a man are you, not to have any tools!!?? j/k

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only problem with cutting your own is not having beaded ends on the pipes. What I'm gonna do with my cut pipes is take a flathead screwdriver and hammer a few times around the inside of the ends just to get some bumps going for the couplers to grip to, it should be a lot better than just silicone on flat metal.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
with some quality couplers and clamps, it shouldn't be an issue. just run the pipes end to end as closely as possible, and tighten the shit out of the clamps. flared ends are kinda overkill.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9000_red said:
a battery powered chop saw from craftsmen would be a good investment. i ordered three 2.5'' u-bends from summit, and did all my ic piping myself with little experience. order about ten couplers and the only thing that will need to be welded will be your bov flange. what kind of a man are you, not to have any tools!!?? j/k
heh, i have some tools, just no saws or anything.

Don't want to buy any either as i'm about to move into a small ass apartment and need to save all the space i can. no need to buy new tools for one-time use....

i just got that kit on ebay listed above... its not the size i need, but i'll figure something out. at least its the right measurements.

thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts