Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is if I can achevie 200whp in my d16y8. I just rebuilt the entire block and the cylinder head assembly. New rings,bearings for the block. New breather box and pcv valve. Laped the valves and replaced 2 springs in the cylinder head. New vavles seals and new gaskets etc.. its a strong running motor. And iam very happy with it.

I was wanting to turbo the motor now. I don't want to kill it. I just want to get more horses out of it. And would really like to increase the torque then what this motor does now. Can anyone help me out. On what size turbo and what size piping and what size injectors and intercooler to use. Iam still doing research on this but this site seems to be one of my best bets. :)

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
yep 200 is easily attainable.

In hindsight... it would have been better to do the rebuild with stronger internals.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thanks, that is very helpful. I feel i can take on the world of turbo now. Wish me luck. :)

I wasn't planing on doing anything with this motor. I just did it to pull the HF out and have a fresh dependable long lasting motor for me to travel back and fourth to work in. But iam thinking about buying another more practical car.

·
Registered
90 Civic Hatchback
208 Posts
Turbo Cars can become headaches its best to get another car till you have everything running solid IMO

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
Turbo Cars can become headaches its best to get another car till you have everything running solid IMO

i agree totally they can be headaches for sure i turbo'd my crx about 4 months ago and it seems the whole drivetrain doesnt like me too much clutch grenaded out and they just become like a woman if you dont pet her right she will bite you in the ass. my car has PMS atleast 2 times a weak were it runs like shit. good to get another car to have a Daily

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah I just put a kit in my crx a few months ago and I hear ya. I need to get better management for sure. After I put the turbo in to my battery goes dead a lot. I know its not turbo related at all but just for a coincidence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts