Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i must apologize since it has been AGES since i have posted here...several bumps in the road the past few months, and still trying to get out and a hold on things...

alright, enough of that, time to get to serious business...

Starting in april my car (98 civic coupe) is going to undergo some serious surgery...a complete rebuild front to back, top to bottom...this car has to be race ready (for the 2009 one lap of america run) by winter 2008...

So far i am going to start with the super kit from fjt (still need to purchase it, will be doing so in the next month) and be using a set of motor mounts from autoworks, powder coated black steel with 75A inserts...

I need advice on the actual motor setup...so far i have come up with two completely separate was to go...
1. NA setup, high compression (with the help from FJT and some head milling and block decking(maybe)) with direct port nitrous (eventually)
2. turbo, however this would not be done in time for the races, but if i go turbo i can't mill the head or deck the block...

the easiest way to go would be NA, but i am tempted to go boost...

the big question is, with a lightened coupe, and properly configured suspension would a NA d16y8 be enough for a road coarse?

this car is not to be made towards drag racing, in fact this car will be stored during the winter, and driven any now and again to work + weekend warrior...so it is still going to need to be semi streetable (so i probably won't go with a stage 3 cam for NA, but who knows maybe i'll get it to work *shrug*)

this is my delima, and any additional opinions are welcome...thanks for listening...

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does no one have an opinion, a bit of humbble advice for me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts