Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i broke a bolt installing my water pump. I have tried using a screw extractor, didnt work. and i have thought about jsut drilling it out and tapping the hole but it is the bolt that goes right into where the coolant passes the cylinders so i dont wanna risk that being compromised. Anybody have any tips or tricks?

Thanks
Dale

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Well

I'm guessing the engine is in the car, which makes like a hell of a lot harder. well you tried an extractor, so obviously you have a hole through it already. but really I think an extractor is your only choice, slight heating and cooling of the bolt may help to loosen it up. If it is a straight through bolt hole you can some times get a heavy duty self taking screw to turn it in one or two turns more to the right, some bols will go in more easily than coming out, if that works you can work it back and forth and try it. It's all about patience, if you can't get it out with an extractor, and you don't come up with any other options, I suggest taking it to a well known garage and see if they can help. you really don't want to break the self extractor off, or cause any damage to the block, if you don't think you can do it, or don't trust yourself I suggest you seek professional help, for the simple reason that paying for professional help is much cheaper than runing your block and taking it out.

-TAG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts