Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my power goals are going to be around 275 ish with a 16g..this possible? im doing sort of a budget build so..i was thinking of vitara pistons and eagle rods. head work...either a zex..crower or bisi cam(which is better for boost?)

im kind of stuck on what to do..ive been looking at others builds but im not sure what would wwork for me..any links or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
573 Posts
my power goals are going to be around 275 ish with a 16g..this possible? im doing sort of a budget build so..i was thinking of vitara pistons and eagle rods. head work...either a zex..crower or bisi cam(which is better for boost?)

im kind of stuck on what to do..ive been looking at others builds but im not sure what would wwork for me..any links or advice would be greatly appreciated
what kind of engine are you running?

·
Registered
573 Posts
it doesn't look like it would be impossible. You would have to get bigger injectors, and maybe a 190 or 255lph fuel pump. I've got Vitara pistons and eagle h beam rods with all crower (stage 2 turbo cam, springs, valves, retainers, etc) for the head. and I have gotten it ported and matched with the intake and exhaust mani's. I should easily get around 300 on a d16z6. I'll see when it gets dyno'd this weekend. But, again, I am still a noob. Let's see what someone else says.

·
Registered
573 Posts
you got alot of miles on that z6? If I were you, read around the forum, make afew post and afew friends. Then, to save you money, buy from the Classified on this site. I bought all mine new, and from time to time the people on here sell there things for a real good price? Most of the time either new or barely used. And since you are on a budget, you wont buy all the things straight up at one time. So read, and learn and buy cheap.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I dont see why 275whp would be hard at all. But Im not aware of that turbo size. But Vitara pistons H beam rods, and acl bearings should be able to get you 275whp on high boost, of course with fuel managment. Ive seen alot of people with this setup run 28-30psi making 400+ whp. on stock heads.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
haha, yeah most of the ones ive seen 400+ were using a t3/t04e housing. 57-60trim. But like I said I dont know how big a 16g or 16b is w/e.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I looked up the specs on a 16g. It isn't really that big. I think they are rated to about 350 or so. But, like you guys said, I'd go alil bigger unless you dont want to wait around till build boost. That 16g looks like it will build around 3500 maybe lower. Don't quote me, I'm no guru. But, that is what it looks like to me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I dont see why 275whp would be hard at all. Ive seen alot of people with this setup run 28-30psi making 400+ whp. on stock heads.
Though I would be careful on not revving the shit out of it, or you could do some damage to that head. Again, how many miles is on that motor. If you want to rev around 7-9k often, then upgrade the head, if not, and you can control yourself, then leave the head alone for now. Till you get more money to play with. I don't think I can control the urge, so I replaced everything inthe head. Cost me about 2000 for all. Maybe alil more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts