Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some questions about turbos.. i know this guy thats trying to sell me a turbo setup for $550. Bad part is, its XS power. I've heard good and bad feedback about this brand, so I was wondering what your own personal input is. It comes with wastegate, manifold, turbo, front mount, 550cc injectors, oil lines, and some random piping, couplers, and clamps. Is XS power reliable, and will I be able to make it work reliably on my y7? Thanks yall

-tim-

·
Registered
80 Posts
XS Manifolds suck! The rest is probably good. All the XS manifolds I have personally seen to date has cracked or broken at the wastegate location.

W

·
0 Posts
i hear the manifolds are garbage. ssac is the same so search that acronyom ssac on honda-tech. ha ha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've heard mixed reviews. has anyone had the full XS power kit on their d series before? any input would greatly help me. i PLANNED on buying it this week..dunno now

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
what brand injectors? if they are a good brand, its probably worth it. the WGs work fine, the FMICs are good, and the injectors might be a good brand, then its definately worth it.

you could sell the mani and turbo seperate and probably make half your money back :TU:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Ryan is right.
You can get rid for suspicious part and buy better ones BEFORE you install your new kit.
For $500 bucks is good to have at least the intercooler the pipings and lines! Sell the mani and the turbo and buy better ones. You'll probably will pay $400 to $700 for a good mani and turbo. So selling suspicious parts is a jumpstart

C

·
0 Posts
i was trying to find this question on honda-tech.com there was like 100replys but i cant find it. any ways so this is what ive heard. ive heard that they have come a long way with there stuff cracking and breaking(i havent had any personal experience but i just heard this from a guy on a honda-tech forum who sells there stuff. so he said that there manifolds will crack if they dont have that little support bar that the new ones have and he also said that every one of there parts now does work fine and will not break. i say just try it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
civicsurfer said:
i was trying to find this question on honda-tech.com there was like 100replys but i cant find it. any ways so this is what ive heard. ive heard that they have come a long way with there stuff cracking and breaking(i havent had any personal experience but i just heard this from a guy on a honda-tech forum who sells there stuff. so he said that there manifolds will crack if they dont have that little support bar that the new ones have and he also said that every one of there parts now does work fine and will not break. i say just try it.

i was soooo close to buying, but i think the majority has won me over, and i'll probably be piecing a kit together..itll take longer, but i think itll be more reliable. thanks for the input though, much appreciated

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
www.spdweb.net he has a full reviuw going on their stuff, so far 10k and all good news.

·
Registered
629 Posts
jdtim said:
i was soooo close to buying, but i think the majority has won me over, and i'll probably be piecing a kit together..itll take longer, but i think itll be more reliable. thanks for the input though, much appreciated

good call :TU:

You'll be happier with a quality turbo setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts