Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can possibly buy a 1992 VX civic hatch shell for roughly 750$ I am curious on what it would take to swap anything in it preferably a SOHC Vtec, I am on a very low budget like 1300$

There is a d16y8 engine that is pulled apart for $350 but no ECU or intake, and I can call someone else about a d16Z6 with no crank I believe, Ill keep posting when I can contact the d16z6 owner.

or just any other swap DOHC ZC would be nice too, just need some wise advice.

Any advice would be nice.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Dude if u have that much, jdm d15b non vtec swap is like 700$ locally and will last for years.

Stock jdm power peak was 6800, so at stock p06 fuel cut you are just hitting power peak. Chipped ecu and a tune? 500$ itll pull maaaaad bruh. And theres ur budget.

Someone might chime in about using a p28 vtec ecu and ignoring the cel but I haven't ever done that so I'll leave that to anyone that has.

But now that I'm chipped up, swapping intake manifolds and tuning to a 7200 cut I expect to be as fast or faster than an ex on a smaller motor, without vtec.

Fwiw a jdm timing cover makes ur engine bay at least 20% cooler

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude if u have that much, jdm d15b non vtec swap is like 700$ locally and will last for years.

Stock jdm power peak was 6800, so at stock p06 fuel cut you are just hitting power peak. Chipped ecu and a tune? 500$ itll pull maaaaad bruh. And theres ur budget.

Someone might chime in about using a p28 vtec ecu and ignoring the cel but I haven't ever done that so I'll leave that to anyone that has.

But now that I'm chipped up, swapping intake manifolds and tuning to a 7200 cut I expect to be as fast or faster than an ex on a smaller motor, without vtec.

Fwiw a jdm timing cover makes ur engine bay at least 20% cooler
Speaking of d15b... I have a d15b2 block with a delsol vtec head... What ecu should I be using?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
match the ecu to the head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts