Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Firstly i hope this is the right section to post this is; if not mods please feel free to move.

I have a 94 civic lx 4dr auto that eventually will built, converted to manual and stripped for road race. For now it needs to be reliable transportation to/from college.

I've had issues with since the beginning of the summer. The cliff notes version is as follows:

1.) Blew hg, swapped it, engine ran like it was only on 3 cylinders
2.) Swapped motor after finding low compression across the board to a d15b1 (bought for cheap)
3.) Still not running correctly, low compression in 1 cylinder in new motor. numbers were around 170, 170, 90, 170.
4.) Car will not start now, just cranks and cranks but does not turn over

I've looked over everything I can think to look over. Fuel, timing, ignition, air, gaskets, fuses, battery, grounds, etc. I then had a friend who's a mechanic look it over and I left it completely in his hands. He wasn't able to get it to start. HE thinks it may be an electrical problem

SO...

I'm looking for a legit shop (that takes credit cards lol) I can take the car to and can get it running for me. I need it done asap. If you guys know any reputable places I can take it to I'd appreciate the referral. Im located in Hempstead NY and am a AAA gold member so anywhere within 50 miles is good.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Hey since you're in hempstead NY, You can have it towed to RPM NYC, they are great!!! I've been there done swaps on my car and I've been around their shop long enough to see their work. They work real clean. They are on 218st between Jamaica Av and Hempstead Ave right under the RR tracks. When you pull up, you should see mostly hondas parked outside. They're real easy to find. Ill PM you their phone number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts