Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have installed a god speed turbo on my car and there is no leaks and all of the hardware is correct. I have a stock motor because this is my daily driver only looking for low boost. I'm looking towards around 5-8 psi to be safe.
For engine management i've got a fmu and missing link ( i know its not recommended but its what i have in till i get a ecu in a couple weeks but i need my car as a daily driver).
So I start my car and it idles at 2000 rpm , than when i took it for a ride and stopped it around the block the engine surged from 1500 to 2000 rpm? What could be some possible causes because plenty of people have used the fmu setup without a problem on low boost. iac is fine too.
Anyone know if the vacuum hose that':?s supposed to go to your air box or air intake is supposed to be plugged up now since its turbo. I feel like i'm missing something

·
Registered
431 Posts
sounds like you have a vacuum leak. or possibly the fast idle valve in the intake has come out/ leaking, Make sure your coolant level is topped off as well. this could cause the condition if you have a wax thermo-valve

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill give it a look, ill check the coolant and mess with vacuums when the rain stops tomorrow, thanks ,anyone else have input?

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is my current setup see anything really wrong that could cause engine surge it idles at 2000 rpm plus can you see that vacuum i think its pcv that is suppose to be connecter to an air intake..i'm not sure if i'm supposed to block it or connect it to the inter cooler charge pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would my idle be roaming because i happened to t off the fast idle valve vaccum for my blow off valve? what would be a better vaccum to t off of?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Fast idle doesnt have a vaccum port. The only vaccum ports are : fuel pressure reg, pcv, and cruis control.
The pvc will either be hose gets router to a sucktion. I.e. the turbo compressor inlet.
That pic u posted is to small to see anything.
And no I dont have a fmu install but im pretty sure if ur car was running fine before the turbo then u got a vaccum leak.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sometimes the vac leaks aren't so obvious...try putting some soapy water on some of the suspect hoses and check for bubble production. A lot of times when we take hoses off our older vehicles they will crack from dry rot.

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fixed my vaccum leak but still has a small surge but dramatically changed! idles back down at 800 to 1000 rpm. thanks guys

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
Is there rubber seals or anything on the top and bottom of the missing link? If I remember correctly, it goes in between your throttle body and map sensor. So if its not sealed up on top and bottom there could very well be a leak.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
your bay looks like a hot mess.

get a manual and read how a iac and fitv work and how to properly set base idle, ignition timing, tps adjustment, etc. when all the basics are covered then report back.

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woooooooo fixed up my engine bay, my vacuums where all wrong ahahah ,but now everything is running smooth.Nice idle, nice pull, I had to block off my pcv hose that usually goes to my air box. I'm not sure if i should get a oil catch tank for the pcv or what?
Yeah my vaccums are a mess, i want a vacuum manifold and i'm ditching the fmu/missing link to get some blue top injectors and chip an ecu and try crome for a little bit than maybe neptune or something . It's a learning experiences, i bought this car for 1000 buck less than 100 k on the motor. painted the car myself and turbod it. Still learning a little by little.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
block off the pcv unless you connect it to the wg (i did it before adding the ebc), boost gauge to the cc port and wg to the fpr line. t it and your gucci.

glad to hear you got it all figured out....now start pulling unnecessary parts lol

clean up that bay and make your vc the center of the artistic canvas that is your engine bay.

rising sun ftw!

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah dumping cruise control> granny driving and i'm gonna try to get some wires tucked and some nice new vacuum lines to match the valve cover.:fruit:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
block off pvc valve....?!!!!? ....no!!!!

you need to open it up

take out your pcv valve gut it out and run the line to a catch can

take the open port left on the intake mani, run that as a dedicated bov port

get your w/g reading from you compressor housing for ease....

hondas were not turbod from factory, therefor there venting system is not designed for posative pressure, you need to remove the pvc completely so you can properly vent your block

yes 1000's of people have used missing links and fmu's......in the early 90's......chip your ecu and get bigger injectors asap......your stock injectors cannot flow enough for 6-8lbs.....also you NEED a wideband o2 gauge

·
Registered
my civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So i just pull the pcv valve out and replace it with a line that goes to a catch can,what about the black box ive heard about rip that out too? Where should i run the hose that comes from the vale cover?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts