Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for people who live in Northwest Ohio and around my area...
I live in Leipsic, Oh. (NW Ohio) And as far as I can tell, there is NO place to put my car on a dyno around here. Does anyone know a close one to me? Maybe in Lima or Findlay or somewhere around there? if so, how much is it to get on the dyno?
Again, I don't expect many ppl to know the answer to this, but help is GREATLY appreciated.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Akron is REALLY far away, I have some friends over there, it's a few hour drive....
I'm in Northwest Ohio, that's Northeast, thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
stay AWAY from Showdown (I believe that is their name) as they mostly do DSM's........like buringing them up @ norwalk due to a faulty fuel line...........and still ran they car!

Look up locations on Dynojet's page, places in Detroit also.

www.ohiohondas.com

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks for the site, I found 2 within 45 minutes, in places I go to often....I dunno how much they are gonna cost me though :S:S

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, I have an adjustable Cam gear, and that's about all I have that is adjustable on my car, would it be worth a dyno-run just to adjust cam timing? Or should I wait until I get Handata or another (Extremely cheap) ECM system?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
what is all done to yiour car?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b7-z6 mini me, Cold air intake, Adjustable cam gear...that's it for now.... Should I wait til I put a new exhaust on?...sorry man, I'm new to the whole Dyno tuning thing (not new to cars, just the dyno) Also, with just the CAI do you have any idea about how much gains I can expect, I mean rough ballpark...like5-10HP 1-5...I know no one can say this for sure but the dyno, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
since you have done a mini me swap, it would not hurt to take a run or two on the dyno so you can get a good solid number down...also that will allow to adjust the cam gear to get the power curve to where you would like it...but i honestly would not spend much more time needed than to run two times, your car will not need any extensive tuning and need only to adjust the cam timing and ignition timing (distributor adjustments)...with that said, i think you can get a few more ponies going to the dyno than you have now and you can possibly get it to run a little bit smoother (maybe)...

good luck with the tuning...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts