Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, nearly finished fitting my turbo set up on my d14a4 non VTEC Sohc (UK spec).
Still waiting on a few parts to show up, totally new to all this, learning as i go, any advice is really appreicated.

So far this is what I've got.
Garrett T25 journal bearing turbo (welded waste gate port).
Some unknown turbo manifold (turbo fitted underneath, 38mm waste gate port facing up/right direction).
Walboro 255lph fuel pump.
Toyosports front mount intercooler and piping, (about 1ft in height).
Hks BoV.
Oil and coolant hoses.
Oil catch can (3 ports, sealed).
Rocker cover with 2 ports above inlet manifold for catch can.
2.5" full straight through to a skunk 2 megapwer R backbox.
Oil temp and boost gauges.
S2k clocks.
Manual boost controller.
Socketed p28 ECU with conversion harness.
Ive been collecting all the parts just under a year now and have lost a lot of info about a few parts.
These are a few of the parts i have/in postage, which I'm not sure on so deffo need to do some research if anyone can help?

Thermo static oil cooler, 10 row (7" in height). In post
Denso 350cc injectors (need to get them flow tested to make sure, would these be fine for my build, stock block, don't want to go over 200bhp.)
38mm wastegate ( think it has a 10psi spring? How do i figure out what size i need before i take it to be mapped/tuned?).
Do i need/does my tuner need a wide band sensor with AFR gauge?
Is my stock map sensor sufficient for my power goal?
I've heard a few comments about my dizzy not working correctly with the ECU i think it was?

Any questions feel free to ask, and i can get pics if I'm not clear with my words sorry! Thanks!. Probably a few things I've forgot aswell :(

Also, not sure on what spark plugs i need to get?

·
Registered
419 Posts
You never stated your goal or how much power you are after.

I would look for a 4-7 psi wastegate spring to start off with but that's just me.

You would need a wideband o2 to properly tune the car. You don't need to own it but whoever is doing the tuning will need one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You never stated your goal or how much power you are after.

I would look for a 4-7 psi wastegate spring to start off with but that's just me.

You would need a wideband o2 to properly tune the car. You don't need to own it but whoever is doing the tuning will need one.
Tbh, I have given up the thought of chasing a number. I'll be happy with what ever it is. I was hoping around 200bhp. 180wheel maybe?
I've just bought an innovative wideband and Freddy boost controller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock MAP sensor should be good to ~1 bar - if you are boosting below that it will be fine.
Thanks! I've seen a few builds with similar parts to mine on a d16 run 12psi ona T25 and are hitting 200. But I have no idea if that's true. But I'll see what mine makes at 12psi and just won't go over 13 no matter what the figure is. Thanks for your input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts