Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little problem with the emmissions in north carolina.I bought a ingen cold air intake and durring the installation it stated to remove the pcv pipe, thata what the instructions called it. So later I went to a inspection station and it said i need the pcv "valve" to pass. Is that the same peice? I asked the guy and he said he couldent find on, then he looked on a obdII sticker on the hood and it said it dident have one, then he looked in the big book and it said the 98 civic had one. then all the other guys there said the 98 need one. so if I need it does the CAI have a built in one, or can I put on the pcv valve on with the CAI right before inspection, or do I have to put the stock air box in?what do you guys think, thanks.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
they are probably talking about the breather hose, form the o.e.m. intake tube to the valve cover.... don't know why you would need to remove the pcv valve :noway:

·
Registered
1998 Civic coupe ex
97 Posts
it doesn't have one like most other cars and trucks . they are probably talking about the breeather hose. i am suprised that your new intake did not have one. you could run a dummy hose into the connector hose at the throttle body. i also live in NC . drop a line if you need anyother help.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
my frist trip to emmissions he looked at my car lol , made me pop my hood looked under my car with mirrors and failed me :cussing:
went to another location , plug and play pasted me :wtf:
i would just put my stock air box back in till you pass

·
Banned
74 Posts
Sux...ive never had a emissoins problem here in charlotte. Ive had intakes on al my cars and never had that problem. Take the car some where else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts