Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
dk general lee
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting a nos/sniper kit for my d16z6 project, I am thinking of just doing a 50 shot(or a 75 shot if you guys approve the pistons I listed). these are the pistons i'm thinking of using pdn-a00 gx, pm6's, or or pg6's. I know these are just oem cast pistons but i want an all motor/nitrous setup on a high school kid budget. I would like to trigger the nos with a fast and the furious style push button (too soon junior). All I know is that I will need a pressure gauge, a bottle heater, I will need to tap a hole somewhere in the fuel lines or the fuel rail to combine the nitrous and gas, and that I will have to retard the timing a couple degrees or so. Even though I wouldn't mind a floor pan or two falling off going 140mph:biggrin:, I wouldn't want fried piston rings or the welds on my cast IM to blow.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I don't think it's a troll, I think it's a 17 year old kid who got some christmas money and wants to have a fast car and thinks self deprecating humor will ingratiate himself to us

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I don't think it's a troll, I think it's a 17 year old kid who got some christmas money and wants to have a fast car and thinks self deprecating humor will ingratiate himself to us
I also agree. Lookie here boy. I hope by coming here you're expecting a few noogies before we give you helpful information...

The search thing is good. Maybe show us a build similar to your setup. Read their experience learn from their mistakes...

If you don't search, your go-fast parts really might make your car no-go really fast.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
When he finds out it is $40-45 to fill the bottle each week....after wasting all that money on a heater, tapping into the fuel rail, changing pistons, etc.....

You could just run a simple ZEX kit, one step colder plugs, leave timing alone and have a blast....

Until you get greedy....like I did....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
When he finds out it is $40-45 to fill the bottle each week....after wasting all that money on a heater, tapping into the fuel rail, changing pistons, etc.....

You could just run a simple ZEX kit, one step colder plugs, leave timing alone and have a blast....

yep.... it gets expensive just like any other forced induction type setup. Best thing to do is leave the car alone, and just save money, esp in high school....

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Maintinence! How many times do I got to say it?

If you let your bush go your boyfriend will never stop complaining. Personally my wife just flosses while she is down there, a "twofur" we call it. trolllololololololololol

Reactions: MyblkVTEC

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

Amen.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Did anyone else notice the "cast IM" comment?

Not sure if stupid or troll.

Look kid. This particular forum is dedicated primarily to functional modification. We all watch the Fast and Furious movies ... but we also laugh at the inaccuracies presented therein. You will find a wealth of knowledge here if you know how to look, and don't act like a whiny child when we don't give you the answer you want.

If you have a specific question ... great ... but for the love of all that is holy present it in a readable format (bulleted lists are nice ... but evidence of cognitive thought processes is usually sufficient).

So you want some giggle gas ... good for you. There's plenty of information out there, hell give me ten minutes with this forum's search function and google I could probably find all your answers for you ... but that's not what any of us are here for.

Questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Can I afford down time on the car?
2) Can I afford to have the engine grenade?
3) Can I do this work myself?
a) Can I afford to pay someone else to do it?
b) Can I afford to fuck up - at which point ... see "a".​
If the answer to these questions is no ... don't mess with the car. Keep it in good running order then proceed to the next question.

4) What is the ultimate goal?
a) What are the ways I can accomplish this?​
Patience is a virtue in car building. Don't settle for close enough ... it usually ends up breaking. Do it once ... do it right!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
That zex kit is a dry kit. Wouldn't that lean the engine a bit without some bigger injectors or fuel pump?
Maybe do some research on how the kit works first.

They is a BUNCH of info on here about it, mostly from me as well as from a former member, ZEX man....

But it will require some digging....my fastest pass with the kit was 13 years ago....before I joined here.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
The real lesson here is people who call it NAWZ, NOS, OR any other varient of its real name just meas they have no clue.

Real racers call it Nitrous, Spray, or a Bottle.

"Its not how you race your car, its how you stand next to your car"

·
Registered
dk general lee
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I will do more research on nitrous, I guess I should of been much more serious asking my question. According to a nitrous q&a website, a 75 shot or a lower shot would be safe on a stock engine. Nitrous Oxide Systems says that nitrous likes high compression ratios. I know its gonna take a good engine management system for an all motor/spray setup. Like I said before I want to use a push button to trigger the nitrous, therefore I won't be using alot of nitrous. In my area a nos refill is $35 for a 10lb bottle. The car doesn't run (spun rod bearing) and was a free gift when it started knocking, therefore its going to be my project car. If you guys want to hear my goals, I want to have 140hp all motor(I know headwork and a cam is key) I don't want to exceed 200hp though because I still want a stockish bottom end. I'm not going to promise an immediate build thread or any thing like that maybe during the summer I can take pictures of the parts I have gathered. I've got friends and an auto teacher to help me through the "build". All the damage has been done on my thread and I guess I should of put more information on my question. And for the guy who said I wasn't going to buy the kit, I'm setting my sights towards it little by little, we all start somewhere.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
This is what we do at DSO, weed out the weak. I believe you but I am naive and passive aggressive...being facetious there.

If you are serious and have already built the car, show up with pics and let us know how it goes. It seems like you do not have questions but you posted a dumb one with poor punctuation, so we had some fun. Dumb meaning - you could have answered it with a search.

Now go prove these guys wrong or at least have a rad time trying to. Post up results and sit back and be teased some more....or not.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts